Farmer Dan returns
Back in September for the home game against Cambridge United I set a Mindbender with some logic problems about Farmer Dan. After the match I got an e-mail from a Boston United fan who had come up with a neat twist to one of the problems, so here it is as the first part of today's mindbender.
- Farmer Dan is going to watch Boston United. After paying his £8.50 entrance fee with a £10 note, he is given his change in two coins. Neither of them is a 50p piece. How come?
- Farmer Dan is taking his eldest son to the match with him. He has two sons who were born on the same day of the same month in the same year to the same parents, but they are not twins. How come?
- Farmer Dan likes the Mindbender problems in the match programme, but he is having trouble solving this week's puzzle: "Rearrange the letters of NEW DOOR to make one word". Can you solve it for him?
- He also paid for his son with another £10 note, and got his change as a £1 coin and a £2 coin.
- He also has a third son and all three are a set of triplets.
- ONE WORD