Author Topic: There's life in the title race yet  (Read 5646 times)

LeeChase

• View Profile
There's life in the title race yet
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:38:21 AM »
Well maybe, BPA can only throw it away. although much depends on how Guisely perform in March. Fingers crossed they'll draw and drop other poitns elsewhere.

I see Ashton have release a statement with regards to court proceedings Can someone tell me what the league would look like if only Boston and Durham finish the season. Also would we qualify for the champions league if the 158 or so clubs above us fold? Or would we simply be promoted 3 divisions as everyone else drops the required 3 divisions to reform a club. Hey we're back in the league wooo. I think I went too far.
Touched by his noodly appendage.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: There's life in the title race yet
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »
Great result last night but its still BPA's to lose, but a draw and a loss in any of thier games and we are right in it.

Also i dont see how Manchester United can operate half a billion pounds in debt and not get issued winding up orders by HMRC, if we were 500million pounds in debt we would get wound up in seconds!

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:27:59 PM »
Also i dont see how Manchester United can operate half a billion pounds in debt and not get issued winding up orders by HMRC, if we were 500million pounds in debt we would get wound up in seconds!

For a start, I don't know whether Manchester United have any debts to the Inland Revenue. I thought most of their debt was to the banks? HMRC will only issue a winding up order to a company that owes them money.

Second, with regard to the debt levels, it depends on their ability to pay the interest. Our income wouldn't come close to covering these payments but Manchester United won't face any problems (by that I mean winding up orders) unless they start missing payments.

This might become more likely if Portsmouth hit the wall. All of a sudden, investing in a Premier League club becomes a much riskier investment and so investors are going to require a higher return (i.e. higher interest).

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:16 PM »
I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading an article a while back that centred on Manchester United being on the brink of serious financial melt down and the reason was much of their debt is with foriegn banks who could recall their loans at any time.

Fear ye not though, there is one rule for Manchester United and one that covers all the rest.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
As long as they keep having good runs in the champoins league they will be fine.

I read a article a month or so ago that pointed out that if man u ever failed to get out the first stage it could put them into a knose dive within 6 months

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »
Guisely look like they are in a good position with there games in hand but they have still got to play us, retford and BPA (twice)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
Guisely look like they are in a good position with there games in hand but they have still got to play us, retford and BPA (twice)

It's in their hands then good results against the teams at the top and it'll be their title to loose.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:44:30 PM »
And it also means that  the result of BUFC v Guisely on April 10th will be as big if not bigger than last night in our finishing league position

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:54 PM »
One thing to bear in mind looking at the table that guisely have 3 games in hand but becouse of our goal differes out of that they need min of a win and a draw so its still finally ballanced

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »

For a start, I don't know whether Manchester United have any debts to the Inland Revenue. I thought most of their debt was to the banks? HMRC will only issue a winding up order to a company that owes them money.

Second, with regard to the debt levels, it depends on their ability to pay the interest. Our income wouldn't come close to covering these payments but Manchester United won't face any problems (by that I mean winding up orders) unless they start missing payments.

This might become more likely if Portsmouth hit the wall. All of a sudden, investing in a Premier League club becomes a much riskier investment and so investors are going to require a higher return (i.e. higher interest).

So the moral of the story is pay the taxman first, if only Chester, Farsley, Kings Lynn etc had listened

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 11:59:59 PM »
I don't think it has been mentioned on this forum previously - but unless we win the league outright there is strong possibility that we could meet Retford again before the end of the season - in the play offs - not to mention the League Cup.   

So I hope Kendal beat them on Saturday - and they slip up in their remaining matches - or Bradford slip up and we carry on winning.

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »
If we do have to play them again I would definitely email the fa suggesting they arrange to have an experienced and strong ref put in charge because the refs in this league seem terrified of Retthug. I would also like to see the game recorded so that complaints supported by evidence could be submitted if they behave that way again. We have only played them twice and both times they have behaved in such a way that could result in court proceedings. If any of you have looked at the snippet on utube where the Retthug goalie pushes FCUM player into the corner of the goal and gives him an uppercut you would probably agree with me.