Author Topic: The Run In  (Read 5500 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
The Run In
« on: March 07, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »
H      Mar 20, 2010     15:00     Nantwich Town     UniBond Premier                        
A    Mar 24, 2010    19:45    Whitby Town    UniBond Premier                
A    Mar 27, 2010    15:00    North Ferriby United    UniBond Premier                
H    Apr 02, 2010    19:45    Frickley Athletic    UniBond Premier                
A    Apr 05, 2010    15:00    Hucknall Town    UniBond Premier                
H    Apr 10, 2010    15:00    Guiseley    UniBond Premier                
A    Apr 14, 2010    19:45    Worksop Town    UniBond Premier                
H    Apr 17, 2010    15:00    FC United Manchester    UniBond Premier                
A    Apr 24, 2010    15:00    Marine    UniBond Premier          

So whats a realistic points haul from the last 9 games?

27 points up for grabs.

We can afford a defeat and a couple of draws possibly.........my money is on 22 points with possibly a draw to Guiseley and a slip up at either Whitby or Marine.

Will it be enough? Possibly not, but play offs are looking very nailed on now.   

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Run In
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »
There's a little matter of Retford United away on Tuesday night as well.

If Boston don't lose that one then the playoffs are almost certain.

There's still a very slim chance of sneaking the title if Guiseley and Bradford PA manage to neutralise each other in their two games against each other.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:00:25 PM »
Yeah just beat me to it Ken about Retford. I said about 4 games ago we needed all wins with a couple of draws if we are to win the title and I still believe that but obviously we have had 4 wins since then so a good start.

I'd say we still need 8 wins and 2 draws to win it, I agree that Whitby away and Guiseley at home are 2 games where a draw would be a decent result, also Retford away and Ferriby away are also very tough games. If we can get 2 wins and 2 draws out of those and beat everyone else (don't think well have any problems with Marine) it'll be enough but is still a very big ask from a difficult run in especially the 3 aways this month.

edit: For the play offs I would say around 74 points will be enough so we could afford a couple of defeats as well as a couple of draws and still make them. The thing if we can't win it then we really need to be trying our best to accumulate enough points for second as the play offs are 1 leg games with the highest placed team having home advantage so if we finished second we'd have home advantage in the semi final and the final should we win the first game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:05:24 PM by woad_pilgrim »

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »
I dont see why come end of the season we can't nick the title

BPA have some tough looking games and Guiesly still have a big fixture pile-up its bound to catch up with them sooner or later

BPA and Guiesly still have to play eachother twice so one or the other will drop points.

And also we still have Guiesly to play at home , so imo all still left to play for  ;D

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »
I dont see why come end of the season we can't nick the title

BPA have some tough looking games and Guiesly still have a big fixture pile-up its bound to catch up with them sooner or later

BPA and Guiesly still have to play eachother twice so one or the other will drop points.

And also we still have Guiesly to play at home , so imo all still left to play for  ;D

I'm with you Tom, what a refreshing change to be talking and thinking  about exciting rather than nervous stress ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »
I think ill see what happeneds tuesday before making any further comment on this.Also be intresting game for bpa nest saturday with worksop adding many new players to there team.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »
I think a lot hangs on Tuesday, win and i think we will finish either second or win the league, lose and then we will be out of the title race.

if we do end up in the play-offs its vital we finish second, as then we will get home advantage (and probably a 1500+ crowd) and then be at home in the final if we get there.

This season has absolutely flown by, it seems only yesterday we were at Gigg Lane.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »
I think a lot hangs on Tuesday, win and i think we will finish either second or win the league, lose and then we will be out of the title race.

if we do end up in the play-offs its vital we finish second, as then we will get home advantage (and probably a 1500+ crowd) and then be at home in the final if we get there.

This season has absolutely flown by, it seems only yesterday we were at Gigg Lane.

Its flown by becouse we are still playing for somethink where by this time most seasons have become run of the mill.or have been hard work to watch

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 09:09:04 PM »

Amen to that
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 08:02:23 AM »
where is the final of the play-offs played? Is it not on a neutral ground?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 09:43:57 AM »
For the play offs I would say around 74 points will be enough so we could afford a couple of defeats as well as a couple of draws and still make them. The thing if we can't win it then we really need to be trying our best to accumulate enough points for second as the play offs are 1 leg games with the highest placed team having home advantage so if we finished second we'd have home advantage in the semi final and the final should we win the first game.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
Do Bradford play tomorrow night?

The league looks good for them today

Team Name   P   W   D   L   F   A   GD   Pts
1   BPAvenue   27   18   4   5   66   33   33   58
2   Boston United   28   16   6   6   64   25   39   54
3   Retford United   28   15   8   5   53   32   21   53

But a win for us if they don't play makes it look a bit more pressured...

Team Name   P   W   D   L   F   A   GD   Pts
1   BPAvenue   27   18   4   5   66   33   33   58
2   Boston United   29   17   6   6   65   25   40   57
3   Retford United   29   15   8   6   53   33   20   53

In short, massive game.

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
Bradford don't play again until Saturday (while we are in cup action)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/