Author Topic: From the Echo today, 26th June  (Read 4244 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
From the Echo today, 26th June
« on: June 26, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
Sean Cann turns down Boston United to stick with Lincoln United
07:00 - 26 June 2009

Sean Cann.Lincoln United hotshot Sean Cann has snubbed the chance to join county rivals Boston United in the UniBond League Premier Division, and is staying at Ashby Avenue.

The prolific striker scored 22 goals for the Whites last season as Seamus Lawless's side narrowly missed out on the UniBond League Division One (South) play-offs.

His form was such that he was offered the chance to join the Pilgrims under new-look management team Paul Hurst and Rob Scott as the duo look to plot Boston's route back to Blue Square North.

However, Cann, who has also played for Lincoln Moorlands Railway, elected to stay with the Whites, much to the delight of manager Lawless, who has also signed wingers Rob Lund from Moorlands and Matt Lunn from Sleaford Town.

"Boston came in for Sean, but we have managed to persuade him to stay" said Lawless.

"This is a big coup for the club as they offered him a brilliant deal.

"He scored something like 22 goals in 23 games for the club last season, so for us to be able to hang on to him is tremendous news."

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: From the Echo today, 26th June
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »
That,of course,is the players choice.I would imagine the same thing happens at every club,every summer.You approach players,some say no,some say yes.To my knowledge that's the third striker to say no,but i am sure there are other targets.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
That,of course,is the players choice.I would imagine the same thing happens at every club,every summer.You approach players,some say no,some say yes.To my knowledge that's the third striker to say no,but i am sure there are other targets.

I fully agree im sure the list is long and im sure that the players we are aware of that have said no are probely a couple from many that we have spoken to.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 10:10:15 PM »
Currys no worries.

We only want players who want to play for us