Author Topic: Unibond league cup final  (Read 2000 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Unibond league cup final
« on: March 02, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »
If we win our semi final does anyone know where the final is played? A semi glamorous neutral localish ground to both clubs? Or simply a toss of the coin home or away?

Bob Lee

Re: Unibond league cup final
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »
I remember going to main Road Manchester in the late 70's for this same final.  We got thrashed by Matlock and some hooligan of a matlock supporter lobbed bricks at out coach.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:43:24 PM »
If we win our semi final does anyone know where the final is played? A semi glamorous neutral localish ground to both clubs? Or simply a toss of the coin home or away?

Nobody knows 100% yet. but our very own ground is on the list.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »
I remember that game against Matlock. I believe we went as NPL champions and were beaten 4-0.

It had rained very heavily that day (extremely unusual for Manchester!) and at kick-off time of 7:30, they hadn't let us in the ground, or confirmed that the game would be played. After a considerable delay, they decided to go ahead and let us in. Imagine treating the fans of a top-flight team like that.

When the game was finally over, I realised that I had not checked the name of the street in which I had parked and spent best part of an hour locating the car. I finally arrived in Dereham where I was living at the time at 2:45AM and had to be up for work at 7:30. Happy days!