Author Topic: Bradford injury problems  (Read 2596 times)

bb1

Bradford injury problems
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »
Taken from the NLZ forum
full thread here

Not on yesterdays performance we're not,SPS should have had the game won by HT,missing numerous chances and missing a penalty,to make matters worse and probably to all other contenders delight,Avenue only had 12 fit players to choose from yesterday and had Downes carried off and taken to hospital with a knee injury, Ammers had a reaction to his ongoing shoulder problem,and Simon Baldry is suspended for next weeks biggy at Retford..
We will settle for getting through the next few games gaining any points as a bonus until our injury crisis is over,our regular back 4 is missing along with 2 replacements.{DRURY,KNOWLES,HUME,DOWNES,STABB & AMMMERS}SAVOURY is injured also and JAMES has been playing through an injury,Baldry is suspended.
NOW IS THE TIME TO GAIN POINTS ON US,IF WE GET ANYTHING OVER THE NEXT 2/3 WEEKS WE WILL BE HAPPY.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford injury problems
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 02:18:10 PM »
I can pitcure the manager right now.  "Oh Bobby please can i have a few grand more"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »
I recall the second half of last season we had 5/6 players missing each match through injury or ilness. We never encounter this problem this season , is it just luck or is it S&H are more selective and signing mainly younger players ?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 06:11:20 PM »
a lot of it is down to luck, but i'm sure on average younger players get injured less. Injuries do make a bigger difference in non-league where squads are mostly smaller

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »
All those injuries , what could it be down to ....perhaps spending too much time clattering people and not enough concentration on the ball.