Author Topic: Interesting article  (Read 2211 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting article
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
All seems a bit late for me, I just can't see how they would survive without an arab sugar daddy if the Yanks were to leave.

And although this reads as a positive report on the BBC, to me it just reads we're spending lots of cash, if we go down we're screwed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8538890.stm
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:09:10 AM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting article
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:23:04 PM »
My dear old Mum used to say to me, don't get into bed with strange bed mates, you do not know who you are sleeping with,  Well I think my mum should have spoken to a lot of the football clubs owners, and fans of these clubs, who were very glad to jump into bed with their foreign owners.

Surely the only answer to all these clubs struggling to pay their bills, do what companies do, cut the wage bill, how can footballers continue to be paid excessive wages like they are,  As posters have said before on Pilgrims Patter, and many other forums, There should be a wage cap in every league in the country, When we have footballers earning more money a week than most ordinary workers earn in five or ten years, there as to be something seriously wrong,   You try telling this to the Premier League bosses, and they laugh at you, and say if they were to cut their wage bills they would not be able to attract the star players, maybe they would if all clubs were to have the same wage structure, which is, we do not pay more than we can afford.