Author Topic: Last season  (Read 5405 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Last season
« on: February 27, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
We gained 49 points in the whole of last season - we've now got 51 this season, having played 15 less games. Progress
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:25:45 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Last season
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
That's the benefit of having managers who actually know this league, also it's very good to see the goals coming from several different players this season instead of having to rely on just Rowan and Ryan like we did last season.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »
the good results on the pitch are showing in attendance too, we ar eup around 250-300 fans on home games last year

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
the good results on the pitch are showing in attendance too, we ar eup around 250-300 fans on home games last year
A good point,i think we are showing a percentage increase when most have been struggling due to the economy.Interestingly for those who may consider the gates generally poor to those of past years,i found this interesting from the "on this day" page from todays programme;

1992/3 home Vs Yeovil    Att.1118
                    1990/1 home Vs Altrincham  Att.1201
                    1987/8 home Vs Wealdstone Att.1178
                    1981/2 home Vs Dartford     Att.1059

Shows just how good our gates are now,given the level we're playing at.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »
The fans deserve a great mention, we are all waxing lyrically with chairman,board,managers and team at this great club.and bloody rightly so. You know what after all the horror of the grim past,the lows then the lows,and then the lower lows...all of us who are still going to..whatever the ground is called now...should sit back and enjoy the legitimate ride.No disrespect to Durham and Ossett  but all 17 goals in my eyes are dedicated to THE FANS!!!!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 06:22:46 AM »
Agree with everything written here. I've been stood on the Spain lane side for a few matches and most seem very happy with what's going on. When you see the likes of Chester, Bournemouth, Southend, Cardiff and very nearly Notts County going tits up, it's a nice feeling knowing we're heading in the right direction. Keep passing through the turnstiles, cheering on the lads and next Tuesday evening, let the Chairman know how much we appreciate all he's doing.

check the grassy knoll.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
it would be interesting to know how much last years squad cost in wages compared with this years.if it was around the same then that would reflect on a healthy rise in finances with our rise in gate receipts
"till saturday comes"

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »
it would be interesting to know how much last years squad cost in wages compared with this years.if it was around the same then that would reflect on a healthy rise in finances with our rise in gate receipts

Maybe, but we have had a rise in rent payments, along with a loan that was swept under the carpet by Robwell, as well as two new managers to pay, so it wouldnt surprise me if we ran at a loss this year too.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »

Offset by a hefty rent rise.

Sorry to be negative but thats one hell of an expense.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 09:38:16 PM »
understand what you are saying.all i was comparing was the off set between last years gate/wages compared with this years
"till saturday comes"

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
understand what you are saying.all i was comparing was the off set between last years gate/wages compared with this years
DN said the playing budget this year is 30% less than last year. Not sure if it's online but I'll try and find the article, it was either the standard or target.

Edit Here it is
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:07:00 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 12:37:22 AM »
 Club expected to take a £250k loss again this year even thou the budget was cut 30% and the gates increased.

However we have to think of the 75k and 3 years back rent at 20k a year is 60k so that would make(if this year had gone to plan) 115k loss.

So looking at it in one way last season loss was 250k this season would have been 115k, That would have been a chop of 135k in one season wich is one hell of a chop, so once  again shows the stirling job thats been done at the top

les

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
The financial situation this season has not been helped by the early exit from the FA cup and the FA trophy.
A good run in those competitions would have generated welcolme extra revenue. Kettering got lucky enough to get a replay at Eland Road and two shares of television money. A boost like that keeps a club solvent for a long time.   

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 09:29:45 PM »
The financial situation this season has not been helped by the early exit from the FA cup and the FA trophy.
A good run in those competitions would have generated welcolme extra revenue. Kettering got lucky enough to get a replay at Eland Road and two shares of television money. A boost like that keeps a club solvent for a long time.   

It does i think exite said about 5 years running from there trip to old trafford