Author Topic: Tonight's Match  (Read 10158 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Match
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 03:13:45 PM »
Retfords match OFF tonight.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 03:21:49 PM »
Kendals pitch just been passed fit for tonights game.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 03:28:15 PM »
Retford's ground may be unidump standard but it might not be Conference North standard, although ive never been there so i dont know how big it is.

Thats one reason why they might not be able to compete in the play-offs but still stay in this division

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »
Retford's ground may be unidump standard but it might not be Conference North standard, although ive never been there so i dont know how big it is.

Thats one reason why they might not be able to compete in the play-offs but still stay in this division

Retford's ground has a Unibond Division 1 grading it does not have the required grading for Unibond Premier. As a promoted club they have until 31st March to get it up to Unibond Premier standard or they will be relegated regardless of their final league position.

If they do the work and get the ground to Unibond Premier standard (I have been told they are on schedule but do not know how this bad weather is affecting them), then that is good enough for promotion to Conference North. If promoted they would then have until 31st March 2011 to get the ground upto Conference North standard

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
Think you will find that 90% of the work as been done. with work ongoing for the rest.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »
Premier Division
Frickley Athlet. PP Nantwich Town
Kendal Town vs Burscough
Matlock Town PP Worksop Town
Ossett Town PP North Ferriby U.
Retford United PP Whitby Town

like GHM said just Kendal playing tonight.

and they are 2-0 up already! :(

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 08:39:57 PM »
There is some hope its 2-1 HT at Kendal.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
Also Guiseley's WRC match is off which they'll have to fit in, which by my reckoning means they'll have a Sat, Tues(Mon), Thurs(Wed), Sat like Kendal which is playing into our hands...

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »
Port vale winning three nil!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 08:52:11 PM »
Port vale winning three nil!
And missed a pealty
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
Kendal won 3-2

:(

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 10:30:40 PM »
Just noticed as well that all 4 of Kendal's games in hand are home games where they are currently unbeaten. 3 out of 4 of Guiseley's are also at home. I have a feeling it'll go right down to the wire with possibly all of the current top 6 still in with a shout till the death.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »

Retford's ground has a Unibond Division 1 grading it does not have the required grading for Unibond Premier. As a promoted club they have until 31st March to get it up to Unibond Premier standard or they will be relegated regardless of their final league position.

If they do the work and get the ground to Unibond Premier standard (I have been told they are on schedule but do not know how this bad weather is affecting them), then that is good enough for promotion to Conference North. If promoted they would then have until 31st March 2011 to get the ground upto Conference North standard

Thats a lot of work, which will cost a lot of money if they go up.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »
Big clash next Tues ...   Guiseley v Kendal.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 05:05:49 PM »

Thats a lot of work, which will cost a lot of money if they go up.
It isn't going to help us though. If Retford get the ground up to Unibond standards by the 31st March they'll be allowed up if champions, if they are otherwise in the top 5 then they'll be allowed in the play-offs either of which could be at our expense. Would be a real choker if we missed out because of Retford and they where then subsequently demoted the following season.

The 2 clubs promoted last season Ilkeston and Eastwood both have improvements to make to meet the ground grading criteria, Eastwood are ploughing on with theirs but Ilkeston are struggling to meet the £40K required and they may well be demoted back to the Unibond.

Big clash next Tues ...   Guiseley v Kendal.
May well be off as Guiseley have their County Cup game (which was called off last night) which takes precedence over League games.