Author Topic: Jim Rodwell in Notts County takeover?  (Read 52571 times)

granthampie

• View Profile
Re: Jim Rodwell in Notts County takeover?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 11:23:21 PM »
hello pilgrims... Notts fan in peace.

could you shed some light on Jim Rodwell saga? what happened etc?

all the best for the rest of the season

Granthampie

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »
Welcome Granthampie

To tell all that happened would need a night to write it.

Players unpaid for half the season,
Unpaid rent
Unpaid bills.
Funny public limited companies that all ran from the same address.
Loans shunted backwards and forwards then hidden under the carpete.
Out standing debts at one point this was to over 27 different places including other clubs.
1.1mil in tax someone forgot to pay.

Was part of the party that decidded to put the clubs life in the melting pot bassed on planning permission with no buisness paper work.And when it got turned down Somehow him and his cronnies managed to stop everythink.

Missing gate money.
Missing receipts.
but his pockets was getting lined nicely.

Add to that wanting to move Boston town fc just so they could slap some houses on there ground.

+pluse many many other things but i think you get the pitcher that with this guy about there is always a good possibility your club will get screwed big time

Seenbetter

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 08:59:35 AM »
They weren't all that bad. OOOOps, sorry, forgot to take my medication for rose tinted glasses syndrome. Now for the straight jacket and I'll probably wake up in the shower.
Seriously though, I think the question Notts County fans should ask is "What has our club got that is of value to some people with very dubious (questionable to some others) credentials".
Is the ground worth more with other developments on it ?
Could the club be better used as a money washing facility ?
What could the real motivations for such a takeover be ?
It will be interesting to see if there are any telling new staff appointments.
Maybe we have them wrong and they have good intentions to revive the club, time will tell. Must go, the white van is here. 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 09:02:32 AM »
To be fair to Robwell, he was merely a puppet for the clowns behind him that were raping the football community and the local community for all they could get.  However it may well have been his signature that signed the club into a cva that made no reference to the football club or Boston town staying in existance which would have wiped both senior clubs out of the town if completed.  Not to be trusted as his friends are very dangerous people.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »
To be fair to Robwell, he was merely a puppet for the clowns behind him that were raping the football community and the local community for all they could get.  However it may well have been his signature that signed the club into a cva that made no reference to the football club or Boston town staying in existance which would have wiped both senior clubs out of the town if completed.  Not to be trusted as his friends are very dangerous people.

I guess you have a point with your first few sentences, Althou has they say the puppets are only as good as the once that pull the strings. Id guess it could be a lot worse if certain names also start popping up(wich they could well start doing yet)

granthampie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »
hhmmm... doesn't look good does it? There's already talk of administration and Robwell looks like some sort of underworld crime baron.

I honestly despair with football nowadays... we just seem to attract complete megalomaniacs who want a little toy to play with for a while before they throw it out of the pram.

Thanks for the info fellas... keep the faith!

Granthampie

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 02:10:18 PM »
If the new party hae gone in with genuine intentions to appoint Rodwell shows appallingly bad judgement . Looking forward to Mon to see who his cronies are . May surprise MAGPIES fans , but nothing these people do surprises us at Boston.  One plus for Rodwell he may bring in a mate who is a great chief scout.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »
If the new party hae gone in with genuine intentions to appoint Rodwell shows appallingly bad judgement . Looking forward to Mon to see who his cronies are . May surprise MAGPIES fans , but nothing these people do surprises us at Boston.  One plus for Rodwell he may bring in a mate who is a great chief scout.

We could be saying all this and it could yet be all rosses lol.right gotta go i forgot to take my tablets.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
 Poppy Close and Hubberts Bridge!

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »
 Sven-Goran Eriksson has pointed the finger at Munto Finance for failing to back up their promises to make Notts County a success.

The former England manager joined the Coca-Cola League Two club last summer as the figurehead of Munto Finance's ambitious takeover.

Eriksson's appointment was seen as an indication of the intent of the Swiss-based Middle East consortium, with high-profile signings Sol Campbell and Kasper Schmeichel following.

However, after failing to deliver on their claims Munto Finance effectively pulled the plug on the plan in December to leave County facing an uncertain future with debts of around £1.5 million.

The former England manager walked away from the role just seven months into a five-year contract following the club's takeover by Ray Trew.

Eriksson admitted: "I did feel personal responsibility. I know some of the players wouldn't be there if I was not, of course I feel that.

"I feel very sorry for the players and the fans. I tried as hard as I could to find people who could help us, I've been to Norway, to Sweden, to Spain, to London many, many times to find investment."

Eriksson admitted he has been left disappointed by Munto Finance, who promised to inject a level of investment which would propel the world's oldest Football League club to the Barclays Premier League within five years.

He continued in The Guardian: "What's disappointing about these people is that they just disappeared without saying anything. Without any message to the players, to the fans, to the staff. Just gone."

"Sometimes things go wrong in football. You can lose games, own-goals, you can buy the wrong players. But you do it in the right spirit and you do it honestly.

"People will not like it but they will understand. But when they disappear like that it's morally very, very bad. This is why I am talking about it."

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
688 at Creepy today, looks like Steve and the Gang have woven their magic on the local populous like they did here........

Word is Mark Coopers the man for Notts, lets hope Nobwell remembers his old mate eh?

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 06:48:25 PM »
688 at Creepy today, looks like Steve and the Gang have woven their magic on the local populous like they did here........

Word is Mark Coopers the man for Notts, lets hope Nobwell remembers his old mate eh?
is that all they got at home ???
"till saturday comes"

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
If the creepies only got 688 for a home match they soon going to be heading up hsit creek with the size of contracts that Jimmy Crankie hands out.

If there is not a plan in place he will no doubt be adding Robwell to his speed dial and reminding him of when they were a double act.

Pilgrim_panther

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 11:54:02 PM »
Makes you laugh how fans moan, they had a supporters trust but wanted to live the dream, what would they prefer a club out of business or a consortium.

Moan moan moan

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
Makes you laugh how fans moan, they had a supporters trust but wanted to live the dream, what would they prefer a club out of business or a consortium.

Moan moan moan

A club with Jim Rodwell working in it and a club out of business are technically the same thing. ::)