Author Topic: NL Squad  (Read 3949 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: NL Squad
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2024, 01:23:21 PM »
And of course, we got f**k all for him because 90% of "the group" we were so devoted to developing were on a one-year contract....

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2024, 01:46:53 PM »
Kelsey Mooney gone
Mooney gone to Accrington Stanley

Best wishes to Kelsey.
Colby Bishop joined Accrington Stanley via us and Leamington - and things have gone well for him.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2024, 01:51:01 PM »
And of course, we got f**k all for him because 90% of "the group" we were so devoted to developing were on a one-year contract....

Same viscous cycle each season. Least with some of the others we will receive a "fee", we'll never know what though.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2024, 02:01:16 PM »
The management spent much of the season talking about "the group" as a long term project. Clearly, had we failed to get promoted, we'd have yet another season of churn and yet another "group" to develop next season. As it is we may be fortunate enough to keep a few, but if Mooney's gone then I'm not holding out much hope for the rest.

What was the point of assembling a deliberately youthful side only to see anyone with any promise depart after one season? I thought one of the reasons we adopted hybrid was to try and break that annual cycle of building a new side essentially from scratch...

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2024, 06:30:31 AM »
Agree, what I’ve also noticed is the side of some of the NL squads is the size of them. Solihull’s was 32 plus loan players, wow. We start with 3😀

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2024, 08:26:35 PM »
Cameron Gregory stays!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2024, 10:24:37 PM »
Cameron Gregory stays!

Huge that Gregory is staying, every good team starts with a quality keeper. He was our stand out player in the the 3 play off matches for me.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2024, 02:58:34 PM »
Like a lot of you my concern with Mooney getting an EFL deal is that Rowe and Knowles certainly will. Mooney wasn't even making our XI when Hazel was firing and for me not at the standard as those others mentioned. I wish him well as he worked hard for us but struggle to see him performing well in League Two. Take out his 7 in 2 and he wasn't prolific either. If Accrington start with him up top I can see them having a tough season!

Rowe and Knowles must see that and think they're certainly going to get gigs higher up the pyramid. Great news Cam is staying but it does look like the core of the side will go and we'll need to bring in a number of new players. I suppose that's what happens at this level.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2024, 07:37:33 AM »
Martin Woods has signed.
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2024, 05:26:39 PM »
Excellent news. Lots of experience needed next year.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2024, 01:42:45 PM »
Ward has signed.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2024, 02:16:20 PM »
Dylan Hill signs

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2024, 02:58:22 PM »
BRILLIANT NEWS!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2024, 03:30:41 PM »
Yep, happy with this one - thought he might get tempted away. We've done very well to retain Hill and Cameron - might be a bit of a stretch to hope Rowe has been tempted to stay too but we have another announcement at 1pm tomorrow so you never know.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2024, 05:25:37 PM »
Dylan has had offers from other clubs in this league but loves it at Boston and how good is it to see the lad showing loyalty to the club that gave him his chance, oh that others were so loyal. UTP.