Author Topic: Boston United's most famous manager moving again!  (Read 827 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Boston United's most famous manager moving again!
« on: April 17, 2024, 08:56:07 PM »
I see Steve Evans has left his beloved Stevenage and gone back to Rotherham United! I wonder if The Millers have ever heard of the saying: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United's most famous manager moving again!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 07:43:04 AM »
You really do have to wonder what kind of football club would be thick enough to bring Evans back for a second spell as manag- oh.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 02:40:11 PM »
Your subject heading should read most infamous manager.
And a few other words that I'm not allowed to type on here!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 09:14:46 PM »
I had the honour to be in the company of two Rotherham fans last Saturday.  The subject of SE came up. They both said they would welcome him back. Then like magic he returns.  I rang my mate and said be careful what you wish for.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 11:35:57 AM »
Stevenage fans are gutted he's gone as well. In fairness he did do a great job there.

The problem at Boston was he used us as a stepping stone to a career in football and he didn't care if we were destroyed in the process - which we very nearly were.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 03:25:42 PM »
Think your idea of a good job and the majority of fans are probably different. He was banned, we were relegated, nearly bankrupt if it hadn't been for our fantastic new Chairman. Look where we are now and be very thankful. The manager you are taking about should never have been allowed to manage again in my view. Every club he's been with since have got rid of him, some sooner than later