Author Topic: Hall Of Fame  (Read 801 times)

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
Hall Of Fame
« on: April 14, 2024, 03:18:37 PM »
It was great to see the former players at yesterday’s match, in particular the new Hall Of Fame inductees. It got me thinking , what if the general fan base was given the opportunity to vote a former player into the HOF every year? I understand it’s a BUSA decision currently, but not every fan is a BUSA member, and maybe it might be an idea to cast opinion a little further afield?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Hall Of Fame
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 08:58:31 AM »
The criteria for a HoF inductee seems to be broader every season.

Howard Wilkinson is an overdue and obvious choice.

Not sure if any of Saturday nights players fall into the legend category, popular yes, but legends......????? I guess with Newsh having a better goals per game ratio than Chris Cook then he's a right to be there.

But you make the mistake TTT of thinking the fans opinion counts at the 'New Boston Utd'.......it only counts if you spend enough these days.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 03:56:11 PM »
We all see things differently but i think the players chosen for the hall of fame are well worth a place in it. I think your comments were very harsh but we all have our own opinions.  Well done BUSA and all the x and current players for a good night's entertainment last Saturday night.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 04:17:33 PM »
It was great to see the former players at yesterday’s match, in particular the new Hall Of Fame inductees. It got me thinking , what if the general fan base was given the opportunity to vote a former player into the HOF every year? I understand it’s a BUSA decision currently, but not every fan is a BUSA member, and maybe it might be an idea to cast opinion a little further afield?

Agreed, it would be great to have it opened up to the whole fanbase. I'm not a member of BUSA because I'm an exile. I did say in their survey last year that it would be good to investigate what they could do to entice fans like me to join but I never heard back or saw any feedback.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 06:51:30 PM »
In the modern game, players who stay for 5+ seasons are a huge rarity - so the choices are going to be smaller if you want to only pick players with several hundred appearances.

Newsh was very humbled when he was looking at his photos on the wall in his own box on Saturday.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/