Author Topic: Scarborough  (Read 869 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Scarborough
« on: April 14, 2024, 09:03:58 AM »
Very disappointing performance yesterday. The result gives us a lot to do. If by some miracle we do go up, I think we will struggle big time. I see Kidderminster have been relegated. A big call out to the big crowd yesterday, and to the 200+ Scarborough fans who made the long journey.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Re: Scarborough
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 10:00:10 AM »
Scarborough were impressive in possession and I thought we did ok first half. What worries me is the way we run out of legs compared to the opposition. Half of the team looked like they were spent and this results in hopeful long clearance balls from our box. We do play good football early in games but often can’t seem to sustain it. Lucien was outstanding (and being watched in the main stand) but was one of our players out on his feet well before the end..all that said - we can do this! UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 12:01:08 PM »
Good summing up UC, if we don't score early on as you say we run out of steam and go down hill fast, with the three days a week training with this hybrid system you would think that at least fitness would not be an issue, yet we look second best against teams training two nights a week with far smaller budgets and facilities. If we are to be serious about promotion ambitions I am afraid we will need to be full time with a budget to match, if we are not able to do that then we will have to remain satisfied to be where we are and "Be grateful we have a club".  UTP

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 12:45:52 PM »
Would someone please explain what this "hybrid system" is and how it differs from part time or full time?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 04:02:54 PM »
Would someone please explain what this "hybrid system" is and how it differs from part time or full time?

I think ....

Part time - training 2 evenings a week (or once if we have a tues eve match)
Full time - training 4 days a week
Hybrid - training 3 days a week

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 04:35:15 PM »
As far as I understand it they do as follows:

Mon - Recovery day at the club
Tue - Game if there is one or off
Wed - Off
Thu - Train
Fri - Train

I'm sure I've heard in the past that some of the players who come from afar, Gregory being one as he's based in Shrewsbury apparently they'll stay over Thu & Fri night in the Travelodge over the road.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 09:20:01 PM »
I'm sure I've heard in the past that some of the players who come from afar, Gregory being one as he's based in Shrewsbury apparently they'll stay over Thu & Fri night in the Travelodge over the road.

I think all the midlands-based guys come over together and stay over on Thursday - Gregory, Sephton, Martin and Leak
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/