Author Topic: Spennymoor  (Read 1274 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Spennymoor
« on: April 09, 2024, 07:30:01 PM »
Game off tonight, flooding again, amazing how much rain they get up there!! So they will play Banbury next Thursday surprisingly 2 days after we play them, and or course they will know exactly what they have to do. I'll leave everyone to draw their own conclusions from this. I know what mine are

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spennymoor
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 07:56:42 PM »
Are you seriously suggesting they paid a referee to call the game off?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 08:14:14 PM »
I'm not suggesting that at all. I assume you are bright enough to realise they have form in these matters. Check the records and not just against us several times.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 09:21:10 PM »
Game off tonight, flooding again, amazing how much rain they get up there!! So they will play Banbury next Thursday surprisingly 2 days after we play them, and or course they will know exactly what they have to do. I'll leave everyone to draw their own conclusions from this. I know what mine are

According to their website, Spennymoor are playing Banbury this Thursday (11th).

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 09:55:35 PM »
I'm not suggesting that at all. I assume you are bright enough to realise they have form in these matters. Check the records and not just against us several times.

Spennymoor had their pitch relaid and new drainage installed four years ago, so I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting they've done tonight to get the game called off then.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 10:17:55 AM »
I love a good conspiracy theory, and Spennymoor seems to provide ammunition at least once a season.  My first thought  was that they were upto their old tricks.  But other matches in the area were also called off, including Gateshead. So Spennycheat, I  will give you the benefit of the doubt. Only because I can't see what advantage it would give you. Maybe the bus will break down on the way to the match on Thursday ( even though they're at home ). Then I will smell a rat ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 12:01:45 PM »
Now the bus WAS a dubious one, only because I'd heard they'd refused alternative transport to stick beside their stricken coach!

I'd travelled across from Nottingham for that game and found it was off as I supped my first pint in the Pilgrim Lounge...

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 01:13:05 PM »
When the game was off I thought the new game was next Thursday, hence my previous comments. I realise it is now tomorrow so they will not get the advantage I'd assumed by us playing Banbury before them. I accept that but I still think they are the masters of the dark arts, remember our original game up there was called off at late notice if I remember. I expect we will be on catch up now on Saturday. 3 must win games coming up

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 08:46:14 AM »
Now the bus WAS a dubious one, only because I'd heard they'd refused alternative transport to stick beside their stricken coach!

I'd travelled across from Nottingham for that game and found it was off as I supped my first pint in the Pilgrim Lounge...

I remember on the day Spenny’s keeper was injured, their emergency loan keeper missed the bus, and their (presumably) reserve keeper was tweeting about which outfielder was going to play in goal, as none of their 3 keepers would be at Boston.
Now, all of this might be completely made up, but that’s what I heard that weekend. Far fetched though it was, maybe it could have been the case.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 10:54:27 AM »

I remember on the day Spenny’s keeper was injured, their emergency loan keeper missed the bus, and their (presumably) reserve keeper was tweeting about which outfielder was going to play in goal, as none of their 3 keepers would be at Boston.
Now, all of this might be completely made up, but that’s what I heard that weekend. Far fetched though it was, maybe it could have been the case.
The striker was also suspended.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 12:53:35 PM »

The striker was also suspended.

No wonder they didn’t want picking up! They probably weren’t where they said. Probably still in Spennymoor!