Author Topic: v Spennymoor  (Read 3441 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Spennymoor
« on: March 02, 2024, 03:29:34 PM »
0-1 once again a goal is scored against us from about 25 yards, obviously our midfield/defence are not closing down the player with  the ball.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Spennymoor
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 04:27:06 PM »
0-2 and Wood had a penalty saved!!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 04:46:48 PM »
and another penalty saved, their goal keeper is having a blinder.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 05:04:54 PM »
No love lost between Knowles and Sotona fighting over who takes the second penalty. Seen it in previous two home games . Needs sorting. Poor performance again today. Woods disappointing. Marriott touched the ball 4 times. Need a shake up

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 05:52:12 PM »
Marriott offered next to nothing, can't see him staying unless he's cheap cover for Hazel till end of season. Sotona causing friction yet again. Offload some and bring in some cover for leak! Get Hill Lb before we lose him (which we may do in summer). Play off hopes hanging on a knife edge!

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 06:10:37 PM »
We were poor, captain and Rowe excepted. Sotana should be disciplined for the petulant reaction.....
It is so disappointing to see this level of performance against teams we should be beating at home (Buxton included).
Why did we bring Marriot in??? He WAS a good player, but appears past his sell by date.
Another season of treading water...

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 06:41:17 PM »
Manager gets a contract extention then we can't win a game. The penalty fiasco over who should take it shows a serious lack of planning by the management team and is frankly embarrassing Satona should be sent back to Donny as he has been down hill after a couple of decent games early on. Marriot is clearly not fit and when taken off had ice applied to his leg so clearly he is of little value to us. There must be a reason why Dylan Hill is not given a chance since his last two outings when he was man of the match but I'll be blowed if I can figure it out. Think whoever goes before the microphone will have a job trying to polish that turd.  UTP

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 07:02:19 PM »
Anyone hear/see the spat between the manager and Brad?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 07:34:22 PM »
This will be against the mood.  But think back when Cox was manager we were dogshit. Today should have had five. One in the first ten , then Jimmy hit the bar. One on the bar ,2 penalty misses and a I think Brad from six yards. We aren’t awfull but we need to take chances. Need two or three to just ruffle people up when needed but hybrid doesn’t bring that to the squad. Having said been a very poor week. 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 07:36:56 PM »
This will be against the mood.  But think back when Cox was manager we were dogshit. Today should have had five. One in the first ten , then Jimmy hit the bar. One on the bar ,2 penalty misses and a I think Brad from six yards. We aren’t awfull but we need to take chances. Need two or three to just ruffle people up when needed but hybrid doesn’t bring that to the squad. Having said been a very poor week.

a voice of reason

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 07:46:51 PM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! But I have to say I have been annoyed at some of the team selections in the last 3 games. 8 points dropped. I agree with most of the above but we just have to take our chances, we've had plenty in all the games. I must say I'm baffled why Mooney and Martin did not start today and why Woods did not take the second penalty was hard to take. Shambles over the argument over this. Very unprofessional. Still lots of games to go and so tight in this league. We could have been 3rd with those dropped points. We need to take our chances and please Ian play the right team and formation rather than what looks like your favourites

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2024, 08:15:30 PM »
The early miss was a bad one and crucial imo..

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2024, 09:05:57 PM »
[/quotevery m]

very much this.....fine margins

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2024, 11:44:14 PM »
Time to step back and look at the big picture. We have lost 2 home games in 5 days and dropped out out of the play-offs. With 2 wins we could have realistic prospects of home advantage in those play-offs. Now we have to muscle our way into 6th or 7th spot. That means away games in the play-offs.
The 2-0 win at Fy£de was the best day I've had away ever. Especially as I'd witnessed the 9-2 defeat a few seasons before. My crystal ball says a similar fixture at Scunthorpe is coming up.

UTP

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2024, 11:10:21 AM »
I'm a half a glass full kinda guy, but even I had resigned myself to a loss with over thirty minutes to play.  I know we are playing with a cobbled makeshift team, but we should have had nine points from the last three games.

Blyth: In my opinion poor substitutions cost us two points.

Buxton: They had one shot on target from open play, yet scored three goals. At the match I thought their forward handled before being fouled for the penalty.  After watching the replay, it confirmed what I saw. IC substitutions must also come into question. Missed chances also meant we got nothing from the match.

Spennymoor:  I thought( and so did all sat around me ) their player handled before scoring their second.  I looked at the replay this morning and I still think he did. That was not so clear cut as the rebound from the penalty.  The goal should have stood.

I am dissappointed with the last three results, like everyone else.  But I feel will did enough to win all three.  Those teams were no better than us. We had a bit of bad luck on occasions, post and bar hit several times.  I also think we will scrape into the playoffs, but could come down to the last game.

OT: I see Scunny have set a new league attendance record, beating York V Boston 2022 by just 23. They are claiming the record despite giving away 1500 tickets.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late