Author Topic: Buxton  (Read 2297 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Buxton
« on: February 28, 2024, 09:31:14 AM »
Thought we were very unlucky last night. On another night we would have been going in 3-1 up at half time.  Three stunning saves kept Buxton in the game.  Then an unlucky own goal and dodgy penalty( their player handled before being fouled ) sealed their win.

The injuries are mounting up again, I think we need a couple of loanees pronto.

Saturday I questioned ICs use of substitutions ( lost us two points I thought ). Last night was even more of a mystery, he took off a defender and put on another forward.  Our ageing defence was being ripped apart by their swift forwards.  Our three defenders was soon down to two, with Mills suffering an injury.

A quick word about the poor ball boy.  He looked distraught after making his mistake. Bless him.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Buxton
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 10:00:59 AM »
What happened with the ball boy?

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 10:25:18 AM »
Stepped onto the pitch to gather a ball whilst still in play, was a good 2ft away from going out

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 06:08:52 AM »
Fair play to Buxton and to Craig. They had us worked out and on the night looked physically stronger. I get that Zak was injured at the end but it looked to me like they broke us physically and we had nothing left. Not bad for a part time team!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 08:31:16 AM »
Looking at the highlights, we created a fair few untaken chances. Would've been a different story had we taken one or two of those.

We really, really miss Hazel.