Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 2796 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Darlington
« on: February 21, 2024, 06:52:34 AM »
We huffed and puffed but got the job done. Sad to see Chapman leave, I  can see the sense in letting him go, frees up a wage. Well done lads three more points and puts us right in the mix. We are the form team in the league according to statistics. Two tough matches ahead.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Darlington
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 07:24:05 AM »
Good game tonight, Darlington gave us a challenge that's for sure.

I might be one of handful but I have loved Chapman and do think he's the better keeper. Time will tell.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 08:49:51 AM »
Both very good keepers, Chapman edges it for me imo. Absolutely nothing against Gregory but i think we've looked more composed and measure at the back since Chapmans arrival. One of them needed signing on long term, would of expected to see either or both moving on else at the end of the season for NL or EFL

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 09:08:12 AM »
Chapman has done a wonderful job for us and has my greatful thanks and good wishes for the future however, to try and keep two keepers of the standard of these two is unsustainable at this level.
As for last nights game I thought Darlington were much better than many teams we have played this season and we were fortunate to go in one up at half time, second half we were better and found a way to win.
For me last night highlighted the strength in depth of this squad with important members missing through injury, I think our manager has been very fair and given them all a chance to prove themselves, some have taken that chance to impress others clearly have not I will not name names but I think Colly will now have a clear idea who he wants to sign and who sadly don,t come up to it.  UTP

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 09:37:31 AM »
Chapman has played a massive part in our push towards the play-offs, best wishes to him for the future...also good to see Tom Platt applauded when he was substituted.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 10:31:55 AM »
Great also to see the strength in depth from the bench and I thought Keaton (who I think has been unlucky) and Dylan made a real difference when they came on. Zack Mills was real quality..