Author Topic: Warrington  (Read 3171 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Warrington
« on: February 11, 2024, 08:56:47 AM »
I am not posting a match report, my old mate Oxo will do that.  Just to say what a boring game.  We seemed lost with out Hazel.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Warrington
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 09:47:05 AM »
Thanks Mick I was going to give it a miss but here goes. Worst ground in the league ramshackle and dangerous trying to get a perch where you can actually see the pitch. Said before kick off I would be happy with a point looking at the form book and no Hazel. After seeing such an ordinary Warrington I came away bitterly disappointed at the lack lustre performance of the team who without Hazel have absolutely no threat up front. Pleased the manager was as upset as us fans at the unacceptable standard we showed. Hopefully this was a one off poor display and will be a welcome point come the end of the season.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 11:42:40 AM »
We looked very lightweight up front.  I hope this can be addressed this week with a loan player.  I do not want the 16+ hours of a forward not scoring like in early season. Yesterday we never had a shot on target.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 12:31:56 PM »
A good away point gained.
A point closer to 7th than we were at the start of the day.
A clean sheet.
Earlier in the season we’d have taken any 1 of those.
Lots of positives.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 02:41:27 PM »
We looked very lightweight up front.  I hope this can be addressed this week with a loan player.  I do not want the 16+ hours of a forward not scoring like in early season. Yesterday we never had a shot on target.

Have to agree that we looked very lightweight upfront.

We did, though, actually have one very good chance on target in the second half by Keziah Martin. It wasn't the best connection and it was straight at the 'keeper.

Agree, too, re: trying to get someone in. Chester have just brought in another forward, Ben Tollitt, on-loan from Oldham. He previously played 50 or games for AFC Fylde.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 03:02:56 PM »
A good away point gained.
A point closer to 7th than we were at the start of the day.
A clean sheet.
Earlier in the season we’d have taken any 1 of those.
Lots of positives.

The most positive post re: yesterday's game.

Whilst it was clear to those who see many more games than I do that we weren't up to the level of recent performances, you do have to give some credit to Warrington.

Obviously, having scouted the way we've been playing recently, they set out not to let us spray the ball around. They put huge pressure on the ball and harassed our player in possession for the entire match. I thought they might fall away from this towards the end of the game, and moreso because they'd gone down to 10 men, but they didn't.

Having said that, it was disappointing that with the extra man we couldn't find the time and space to open them up. They did drop back a little in that last half hour or so and were content to let us pass the ball from side-to-side across the halfway line but, as soon as the ball was played forward, they snapped into a tackle.

They also made the odd break themselves and, had their star forward Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (the son of a former work colleague of mine!!) connected better with the header towards the end, we could have come home with a loss.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 11:17:02 PM »
https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/24112214.warrington-town-chairman-updates-ground-improvements/

....... and the latest on Warrington's ground improvements.

They need to have these completed before Easter in order to retain their National League North status for next season.