Author Topic: Scunthorpe (A)  (Read 4852 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Scunthorpe (A)
« on: January 05, 2024, 04:44:51 PM »
Scotty (Pilgrim86) has made the useful point on Facebook that this game is in fact available for streaming, despite it being a Saturday 3pm k.o.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scunthorpe (A)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 07:01:56 PM »
It's due to the FA/UEFA not re-opening the Saturday 3pm blackout until 13th Saturday, presumably allowing them the option of showing some 3rd round FA Cup matches on Saturday (but they've not taken up this option...), having suspended it over the Christmas period.

On another note, there's only 5 tickets left in the 2nd block of tickets for tomorrow.

https://www.sufctickets.com/scunthorpeUnited/ASP/selectArea.asp?selectArea=true&eventID={0363F1AC-68C4-4B60-B749-09A9623AF0E4}&areaID={F79EB479-B101-4D16-A36A-A8A672B6F399}&layoutID={483FCEC8-ACC2-43F4-B360-478B0C3F2B03}&parentID={F79EB479-B101-4D16-A36A-A8A672B6F399}&packageID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}&homeArea=away&socialBubbleNumberOfSeats=&linkedSeats=&=&carParkID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 03:30:42 PM »
30 mins in and we’re playing like U12’s

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 03:37:44 PM »
Well that gee’d them up! Come on!!

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 03:44:52 PM »
Getting carved up down the right

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 05:09:44 PM »
Fantastic second half. Well done lads!!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 05:13:59 PM »
Good away result, if you don't win, draw!
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 08:34:53 PM »
Wow. Great performance. Well done lads!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 09:43:42 PM »
A great away day on Micks party bus, great to be joined by Paul Ellender for a couple of pints in a great pub.
On to the game, a scrappy first half with Scunny better all over the pitch, fell behind to a penalty that always seemed to be coming but equalised after a bit of a goal mouth scramble through Tom Leake, only to be done with a move down the right once again resulting in a tap in for Danny Elliots second goal. Second half changed a few things around and brought on Keaton Ward for an out of touch Smart taking their wingers out of the game and looking like a new team. I honestly think we dominated the game in that second half and fully deserved the equaliser, Scunny struggled to clear a set piece the ball fell to Jacob Hazel who calmly placed the ball in the bottom corner. Then what I really loved was with four minutes of added time to play we stayed on the front foot and went for the winner and I feel with a little more time we could well have come away with all the points. A wonderful following and tremendous support all game game which I feel gave the boys such a lift. Onward and upward lets build on this and carry on with the same fantastic support and we really have a chance of a great end to the season.  UTP.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2024, 10:40:26 AM »
A great away day on Micks party bus, great to be joined by Paul Ellender for a couple of pints in a great pub.
On to the game, a scrappy first half with Scunny better all over the pitch, fell behind to a penalty that always seemed to be coming but equalised after a bit of a goal mouth scramble through Tom Leake, only to be done with a move down the right once again resulting in a tap in for Danny Elliots second goal. Second half changed a few things around and brought on Keaton Ward for an out of touch Smart taking their wingers out of the game and looking like a new team. I honestly think we dominated the game in that second half and fully deserved the equaliser, Scunny struggled to clear a set piece the ball fell to Jacob Hazel who calmly placed the ball in the bottom corner. Then what I really loved was with four minutes of added time to play we stayed on the front foot and went for the winner and I feel with a little more time we could well have come away with all the points. A wonderful following and tremendous support all game game which I feel gave the boys such a lift. Onward and upward lets build on this and carry on with the same fantastic support and we really have a chance of a great end to the season.  UTP.

Good summary of the match Mel. We won very few headers in the first half, played it more on the ground in the second half. Jimmy Dean must be sick to death of Boston United.

A big shout out to all the fans, they never stopped singing. I think a few sore throats and heads this morning.

Safe journey Mel and keep off that rough old Spanish brandy ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bazzer70

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2024, 05:15:59 PM »
Great result well done everyone. I thought for the first 20 minutes we were in for a real hard afternoon but once the boys realised there was nothing to be afraid off we looked well comfortable. Second half I was hard pressed to judge who was  the league leaders certainly didn't look like Scunny were.

:)

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2024, 09:13:00 PM »
Nothing is as sweet as going away as underdogs and beating the home team.

The next best thing is going to the league leaders as underdogs, fighting hard to give them the scrap of their lives and gain the upper hand, and finally stealing a point back from them in the dying minutes when they had confidently expected all 3. Happy days. There has not been an away atmosphere like that for quite some time.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2024, 09:31:30 PM »
First half hour was the only time all season we've been torn apart. Like rabbits in the headlights and 6 weeks ago we'd have crumbled and got dicked 5 or 6. Roberts and their other winger really tore us to bits.
2nd half we were excellent, bit more luck with a couple of chances and that might have been a winner there not an equaliser by hazel.

Best away end since fylde. Everyone was up for it. Shame its not like that more often

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2024, 12:02:22 PM »
Currently unable to travel to away games I bought the £9.50 National League TV sub and watched the game live.
The Match Pass lasts until tomorrow but can't log in to re-watch the match.  Has anyone else found this?

Great performance from the lads after a rocky start and we put in a great shift 2nd half to deserve a well deserved away point.
United we stand..................

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2024, 12:31:57 PM »
Currently unable to travel to away games I bought the £9.50 National League TV sub and watched the game live.
The Match Pass lasts until tomorrow but can't log in to re-watch the match.  Has anyone else found this?

Great performance from the lads after a rocky start and we put in a great shift 2nd half to deserve a well deserved away point.

If you login and go to the this web page where the live match was shown might work https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/video/live/31684