Author Topic: Great start to New Year  (Read 3449 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Great start to New Year
« on: January 01, 2024, 06:45:29 PM »
What a great start to the Year a wonderful gate of almost 2700 to see a revitalised Pilgrims side play the oposition off the park. I said last week on here that I thought Hazel was the best signing for a long time and today he proved that once again covering every inch of the pitch and scoring a beauty also winning a penalty for us. Running him close for man of the match has to Michael Boswick who also had a blinder however, all the team played their part. Onward to Scunthorpe next week let's all get behind the boys UTP. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Great start to New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 09:41:24 PM »
Over the last 3 games, Bostwick has been pretty much faultless. A fantastic 9 points
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 08:23:33 AM »
A really committed performance. Well done to everyone. What’s the deal with their manager and assistant? They came out way too angry from the start. Unbelievable language too!

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 09:43:28 AM »
A good performance from everyone, including the ref.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 09:48:23 AM »
A really committed performance. Well done to everyone. What’s the deal with their manager and assistant? They came out way too angry from the start. Unbelievable language too!
If you listen to the Joe Simpson post match interview, he mentions possible tensions over the past week. Could be something to do with that.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 10:29:35 AM »
Yeah, you can read about it here. Lynn thought we celebrated too much at theirs, the massive wet wipes.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/linnets-boss-turns-up-heat-ahead-of-return-clash-against-bos-9346306/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 11:06:11 AM »
Their manager looked pretty inert most of the game from where I was sitting. If we didn't already know that things are not going well on the other side of the Wash, we would from their fans chants in the second half.

Hazel, Smart (and Rowe before them) have been excellent additions. One of the things I like is that from taking so long with throw-ins and dead ball situations, we now look as if we're keen to get on with it. The team as a whole has much more pace and urgency about it.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 01:21:01 PM »
Have just watched the KL manager's interview after the game. I think he spoke well about the game and KL's situation. It's also rather longer than our manager's interviews!

https://youtu.be/qdK56wsDVpg?si=ien-E6IgFRispLlr

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2024, 04:32:22 PM »
Agreed OP. He was surprisingly measured..

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2024, 08:48:52 AM »
Yes, he speaks very well there. That's the Adam Lakeland I recognise, not the idiot blaming homophobic abuse on a bored linesman the other week.