Author Topic: Boxing Day  (Read 3698 times)

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
Boxing Day
« on: December 26, 2023, 08:11:21 PM »
2-1, 3 points, happy Christmas, nuff said

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Day
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 08:53:08 PM »
How many arrested, or did the new fence keep them apart?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Timshorts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 08:43:50 AM »
I was staying in Bedford, but got to travel to St. Ives to recall Christmases past and a boxing day Derby match against Kettering town.

It might be a few decades since I last  had that pleasure for the holiday season, but watching Kettering fall apart and get beat 6-0 was better than any boxing day treat against them that I can remember. St. Ives are in the bottom half, but we're made to look like man city at times. Kettering right back had a shocker. Still he might be more at home in step 8.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 03:30:02 PM »
What a signing we have in Hazel.  He never stops running and can hold up the ball.  The lads did us proud yesterday, but taking the two wide players off nearly cost us.  Looking forward to the return match ( if there is one ).
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 04:10:02 PM »
What a signing we have in Hazel.  He never stops running and can hold up the ball.  The lads did us proud yesterday, but taking the two wide players off nearly cost us.  Looking forward to the return match ( if there is one ).

I am gonna hold my hand up to be someone who after his first game I had zero confidence and thought he was ****, However I'm pleased to say not only did he take them words and crush them but he shoved them down my throat that hard I was left red faced

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 07:49:26 PM »
I too have been so impressed with Jacob and rate him as probably the best signing for a long time, the lad seems to have everything and it is clearly rubbing off on his team mates and it looks as though we are seeing a proper team coming together at just the right time.
All credit to the management for recruiting him and the chairman for facilitating the move. I am feeling real excitement and optimism.  UTP.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 10:10:54 PM »
Agree on Hazel, cannot fault his workrate at all and hopefully the goals come soon.

Not a classic at all yesterday but we just about did enough, they do look immensely poor though and you can see why they're down at the foot of the table.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 09:18:25 PM »
Completely agree on Jacob Hazel. We showed a lot of fight on a heavy, bobbly pitch which stopped us playing decent football. Let’s hope we can do it at home. Good signs. Our bench looked strong too..

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 04:59:17 PM »
Workman like performance always seemed to have enough in the tank to see this one through.  Walks crowd was very subdued.  Hardly surprising with what’s going on over there.   Walter Mitty eat your heart out. 

Had a long chat with what seemed a well healed gentlemen who said he was part of a 6 strong consortium of local business people.  One of which is well known to us here, who were looking to do a rebuild job on Lynn, once the current owner had pulled the plug. 

NYD, only one winner.