Author Topic: Todays game.  (Read 3272 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Todays game.
« on: December 23, 2023, 05:25:12 PM »
Didn't get to the game, at home with a shi##y cold.
Excellent result though, well done lads.  :santadance
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: Todays game.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 07:59:42 PM »
. That was without doubt the worst officiating ever at a game over ninety minutes ever.  Every throw in throughout Alfreton ended up taking ten feet further up the pitch. Poor positioning for all decisions allowed them to dominate every decision. Players laying out flat out after tackles. Poor poor. No wonder people think why do I bother.  When I hear five hundred people chant ( in the main stand) you don’t know what your doing says it all. However great second half and great goals. Could have been more.

We know have amazing pace going forward. Merry Xmas.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 09:20:21 PM »
Really positive display, most enjoyable I've seen us for a long while. Attacking with pace, and passes actually going forward. Defensively solid as well as standing upto the anti-football Heathball. I won't say much on the officials other than inept.

I'm often quick to criticise the club, but not many chairmen and directors would be handing out mince pies before a big game. Contrast that with crooked Cleeves antics across the wash its good to see.

Let's hope kids for a quid was a success as well. It's what got me hooked into watching BUFC.

Merry xmas everyone.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »
Well done to the lads. For the first time this season I think we have a team that can challenge for a playoff spot. I am looking forward to the Boxing day Kings Lynn game. Billy Heath brought his usual anti football tactics ( thank goodness we have a football minded manager ). See I didn't mention the ref ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.  : A big thank you to David and Nigel for the festive mince pies.  Also a mention to BUSA for their Christmas incentive. I would like to wish all on here a very merry Christmas.  Also a big thank you to Ken for running the best forum on the internet.
 :Toast :Toast :Toast :Toast
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2023, 10:14:30 AM »
I agree that it was a good performance. My only comment on the ref is that both she and our team seemed to realise at about the same stage (some time into the game) how to deal with the usual approach of a Billy Heath team. We certainly stood up to them. The first goal summed up for me what we've been missing - a pacey wide player willing to take on and beat the fullback, and to deliver a cross that found Knowles where he should be. Too often this season Knowles and Mooney have been forced to go looking for the ball in wider areas and as a consequence are not in place to take advantage of a good ball such as we saw (not that there have been many of those). Smart seems an excellent addition, and I thought Hazel also was impressive, not that anyone had a bad game. UTP!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2023, 10:39:21 AM »
Spirits very much lifted for Christmas and hopefully beyond. Agree with you David it was lovely to see two wide men taking them on, as you say Konwles was where he should be and with that sort of service could be th striker we have been yearning. Felt a little bit sorry for the ref and blame the F A for hanging her out to dry at this level as she is clearly not up to it yet bless her.
If we carry on performing like this we could all be in for a great second half to the season so let one and all have a wonderful Christmas, see you all on Boxing Day for hopefully the second episode of the charge up the table.  UTP. 

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 04:03:56 PM »
great performance against a side hell bent on anti-football....imagine having to watch that wek in,week out...jeez

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2023, 08:07:07 AM »
I was very glad to see that the headlines were dominated (in our minds), in the end,  by a really decent effort across all of our players against a team who deliberately time-waste (led by the time wasting supremo in goal. Scintillating speed from Sotona and Smart, complimented by amazing hard work from Hazel, paired with a seemingly re-energised J Knowles. The alternative headline would have been one about a game marred by some poor officiating. As someone has said on here, the ref perhaps took time (45 mins) to adapt to the realities of NLN and Alfreton's special brand of entertainment. But we all have good days and bad days and I am sure lessons will be learned. Referees too, mature and learn over time (usually). Most people thankfully did not resort to mysoginistic comments and in that sense the majority of our fans did not let our Directors down. Happy Christmas to all true Pilgrims

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2023, 10:11:10 AM »
It was her 10th game of the season in our division, but her 1st involving Alfreton. Seemingly her 2nd season at this level, having refereed 15 last season (inc our 4-1 loss at Fylde).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/