Author Topic: Troubled times.  (Read 7236 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Troubled times.
« on: December 17, 2023, 11:53:56 AM »
Anybody heard anything about Kings Lynn? Rumours are they're in a bit of money trouble.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Troubled times.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 12:01:38 PM »
Given what Cleeve is posting, and if you can believe him, it seems so. If that's the case, he only has himself to blame. It's unsustainable, for a start, to be full-time on the gates they get (604 for last midweek game) and to use hotels etc. Delusions of grandeur.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 12:34:25 PM »
A club that has folded before.  A chairman that allegedly is dodgier than last weeks reheated pork curry. A team struggling to move away from the relegation area. Very poor support and probably the worst stewards in the league.

Not a lot going for them i'm afraid, but I don't like to see a club go under.  So wish them well, but obviously not against us.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 01:26:10 PM »
Personally I can’t find any sympathy for anything or anyone  at The Walks.
The Chairman thinks he’s a gangster and seems to have little sustained respect for any fan base. It’s always seemed to me  that it’s a case of how much he can take out of their pockets every chance he has.  And before anyone tells me how it’s the fans that suffer, well I’m sorry but I can’t sympathise there either.    A couple of years ago a section of so-called fans were p*ssing into pint glasses and then lobbing them into an away section where youngsters were stood with parents!   The stewards watched and turned away, allowing it to happen.    Would I lose a minute of sleep if they folded again?    100% not.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 02:47:04 PM »
Personally I can’t find any sympathy for anything or anyone  at The Walks.
The Chairman thinks he’s a gangster and seems to have little sustained respect for any fan base. It’s always seemed to me  that it’s a case of how much he can take out of their pockets every chance he has.  And before anyone tells me how it’s the fans that suffer, well I’m sorry but I can’t sympathise there either.    A couple of years ago a section of so-called fans were p*ssing into pint glasses and then lobbing them into an away section where youngsters were stood with parents!   The stewards watched and turned away, allowing it to happen.    Would I lose a minute of sleep if they folded again?    100% not.

They should make a profit Boxing day with inflated prices. with also the worst viewing for away fans in the league.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 04:18:51 PM »
Always recall them (lynn fans) singing at York St ' your a town full of spastics"    disgusting... not banter... just disgusting

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2023, 04:38:25 PM »
Often wondered how teams like Lynn on low crowds can afford full time players, looks like the truth is they can't if they want to balance the books. It was rare for teams at this level to be full time 10+ years ago, do clubs need to go back to part time at this level?

Looks like a real possibility Lynn could fold again, another moment when I feel thankful to have DN as our chairman who has not only kept us at this level without any threat of issues but doing all he can to make the club self-sustaining ready for the day when one day his time at the club is over we will still have a club at this level.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2023, 07:03:05 AM »
As I share the negative views about KL's owner, stewards and some supporters (I assume there are decent ones, as with all clubs) expressed in previous posts, I shall not be going on Boxing Day as I am reluctant to put money into the club. I want to enjoy a day out and not find it's unpleasant. There are much more enjoyable away days in our league, where the people seem pleased to see you.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2023, 08:08:08 AM »
Sad to say I’m the same. Everytime I’ve been hassled by stewards and see half a game. Poor experience.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2023, 08:47:19 AM »
I will be there but like others I am not particularly looking forward to it, I would have preferred to have been going anywhere but there.  UTP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2023, 08:51:33 AM »
Much like Scunthorpe are supposedly carrying "extreme levels of debt (their own words) and are blitzing the league with a squad they patently shouldn't be able to afford while technically insolvent, I have absolutely no sympathy with King's Lynn whatsoever.

They went bust before and should have learned their lessons then, like we did after the Lavaflow debacle. The "be glad we still have have a club" fans may well be derided by those who now claim the club has no ambition, I can only assume those same critics would have cheered on Stephen Cleeve pumping money in unsustainably, having learned absolutely no lessons from the rancid likes of Steve Evans and Jon effing Sotnick.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2023, 10:54:35 AM »
Couldn't agree more, Pete. One might have marginally more sympathy if there wasn't the unpleasant undercurrent. Only Fylde in my experience has been as unwelcoming. The tone is often set by the chairman.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2023, 09:22:03 PM »
I noticed auld Crooky Sleeve is bemoaning about security arrangements costing 8,000 pounds for the Boston game. Presume that's a new fence then!

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2023, 10:17:39 AM »
I noticed auld Crooky Sleeve is bemoaning about security arrangements costing 8,000 pounds for the Boston game. Presume that's a new fence then!
if his stewards did there job’s properly and his fans behaved a little more, then he might have such a big bill.
But then the 320(so far) of is that will travel at £18/£20 each are effectively paying it for him anyway!