Author Topic: Match thread  (Read 9363 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Match thread
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »
In a way I would n,t mind either . .  but theres always a chance some of our best performers will be lured to other clubs close season ..

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 01:07:40 PM »
Had a quick word with young Shaun Pearson before the game and congratulated him on being captain last week. A smashing young man. He said he didn't think he would be captain today as Canners would probably be back and Churchy would be playing. Although Canners didn't make it  it was good to see him lead out the team again, I feel the managers had put a lot of thought into this and how it paid off with what was an inspired performance by the young fellow with a fantastic goal and great all round performance.
I really do feel this was the performance that will give the team the belief they can go all the way.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
Lets hope the managements harsh but true words after last Saturday's game at Kendal have hit home.

The play offs should be very achievable, the title has almost certainly gone, but I for one wouldn't be too upset if we miss out this season on promotion. I think the team is still growing, perhaps another season to mature might be best before promotion because it'd be a shame to go up and struggle and see the support dwindle, much better to go up prepared for the higher league.

Me personally i wont give up on winning the league until its mathmatically impossible , although i would take play-offs

i know BPA are top by 3pts and 3 games in hand, but know one can tell me that they wont have abit of blip between now and the end of the season

Then theres the likes of Kendal Guisely Ferriby etc , got games in hand and no-doubt they will gain points and make us abit nervy but , they all got to play eachother again , and as i say about BPA im sure they will have blips again this season

We will also have the odd draw and loss which will have us scratching our heads, but aslong as were still up there i fancy us , with our never say never attitude which proved yesterday

Its going to be a exciting run-in , and this time we wont be counting the cost years after

BELIEVE !

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Making the playoffs is still going to be tough, yesterdays win was massive and may prove to be decisive in the coming weeks. I thought the Buxton game had everything, drama, a clown of a ref, a good physical opposition, late goals and a good old non league scrap in the dugout and all of this in freezing mist. I would'nt swap any of that for premier league bollocks ever. David Newton and co have worked miracles around the place in the last couple of years and theres a real positive buzz around the ground.

I thought all the lads were fantastic yesterday and battled for best part of an hour with ten men. Strangely, up until the sending off i thought we were off the pace and lucky to be level. Football never ceases to surprise me, evern after nearly 30 years of following us. I had a strange feeling we could still nick it at the end if we got a set piece. Pearson for me has turned out to be a hell of a signing, at just 20 he commands the back four, is extremely vocal, physical, commited and you know he'll throw his body at anything. Fantastic bullet header aswell. Must also give Parker some long overdue credit as i doubted his ability last season and thought he was out his depth. He's come on leaps and bounds in a year and with his versatility i think he's become a really important player for us. Well done Liam, a good solid centre half if ever i saw one.

Well done lads, i won't be seeing much of us for a while now as i'm relocating down to Brighton but what a game to leave on. Hopefully get back for the FC United game, can't miss that one.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »
Pearson was man of the match for me, even without the goal.
To win it in such a way, against a team determined to get at least a point with their mean-spirited, spoiling tactics, with a ref either too naive or too incompetent to do anything about it, was just unbelievable!  ;D
When that ball hit the underside of the bar and bounced down you just knew that, even if it was a yard behind the line, and then bounced back out it would be disallowed by the officials, luckily it hit the net...what a feeling that was!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
Lets hope the managements harsh but true words after last Saturday's game at Kendal have hit home.

The play offs should be very achievable, the title has almost certainly gone, but I for one wouldn't be too upset if we miss out this season on promotion. I think the team is still growing, perhaps another season to mature might be best before promotion because it'd be a shame to go up and struggle and see the support dwindle, much better to go up prepared for the higher league.

I know where you're coming from but personally don't think there is that much difference in quality between Conf North and this league. I would stick my neck out and say that we would hold our own with the team we have without any changes if we get promoted.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »

totally agree with that BUT i cant wait to get out of this league
"till saturday comes"

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 05:53:15 PM »

I know where you're coming from but personally don't think there is that much difference in quality between Conf North and this league. I would stick my neck out and say that we would hold our own with the team we have without any changes if we get promoted.

Absolutely Woad, we would match any team from that league with our current squad.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »
If you look at last season, we kept the majority of our squad from BSN and look how well we did! Also Tom Matthews had a cracking season with us in BSN but now he's playing in the Unibond, if the standard was so much higher wouldn't he of got a deal with a BSN team?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
If you look at last season, we kept the majority of our squad from BSN and look how well we did! Also Tom Matthews had a cracking season with us in BSN but now he's playing in the Unibond, if the standard was so much higher wouldn't he of got a deal with a BSN team?

I think part of the problem last season is that first we had a manager in Tommy Taylor who admitted before the start of last season that he didn't know anything about the Unibond League. Then his replacement, Steve Welsh, didn't have any first team management at all.  Having said that players like Ryan Clarke and Matt Bloomer couldn't or didn't want to get to grips with the physical nature of this league.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
And we also lost a lot of quality players, Nicholls, Stevenson, Crane, Elly etc who were good in the BSN