Author Topic: Brackley  (Read 7689 times)

Stannington Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Brackley
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 08:57:48 AM »
So 2 play-off finals in the last few years isn't threatening to get out of this league. 

Your continual bitterness and negativity is starting to get old.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2023, 10:07:26 AM »
Not bitterness and negativity, just a hefty does of the realism you and the rest of the "just be happy we've a club to support" mob would do well to acknowledge.

Its shameful that a club of this size should be marooned in the middle of a regional league so long.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 10:12:32 AM »
If you were chairman, what would you do differently to David Newton then Andy?

Remember, you're not allowed to spend money we don't have, as that's what left us in the shit the first time around.

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 12:57:20 PM »
You need to wake up and smell the coffee Andy.

There's providing 'realism' and then there's jumping on every single possible opportunity to be bitter and negative. You're firmly in the latter camp.

I follow you on twitter, and it's exactly the same there.

A few weeks back you went as far as saying you didn't give 'the slightest of f*cks' yet you remain extremely active and engaged with the club.

Stannington Pilgrim is right - it's getting old.

I hope you continue to give a f*ck and follow the lads and, as well all do, things turn around fast. Maybe then you will provide your realism in a positive way  :)

And hey, at least you weren't at Turf Moor...

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 10:27:01 PM »

Remember, you're not allowed to spend money we don't have, as that's what left us in the shit the first time around.

For me the biggest revelation at the Forum  was Chestnut Homes had written off £1.5 million in the previous year. Imagine if we had thrown cash about like Ferriby or Fylde , this figure would be another Evans disaster class.
Not many businesses or individuals who support  the club could or would do this.
As custodians of the club I feel David And Neil have put things in place for success but escaping NLN unfortunately hasn't happened. . As mentioned the 2 play off finals were a game too far and the team looked pretty decent that began he cancelled covid season. I'm greatful they haven't  played financial roulette. It's not just about the first team but community investment. Plenty of people of all ages are now involved with the club.
With 3 to 5 million still needed for the South Stand we are still going to need someone with deep pockets.
Best get a Euromillions ticket or two bought.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2023, 04:44:19 PM »
"We are going to need someone with deep pockets"
  Requests on this forum aren't normally dealt with so quickly!
Welcome aboard Richard Maxwell , just the type of appointment the club needs to help support the current board.

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2023, 07:47:19 PM »
the thing that gets me is we get a decent result....nothing ,not a peep......lose and it's almost as if it's the result some folks have been waiting for....no one has a god given right to get out of this crap league but i'm bloody please we've got David Newton at the helm trying his best to do it.....plus you'd struggle to meet a nicer bloke in the dealings i've had with him

Kirtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2023, 11:58:43 AM »
Totally agree Nikko. It's a bit like Man Utd. Erik ten Hag wins Manager of the Month in November, now they think he is clueless 2 weeks later.

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2023, 07:42:20 PM »

Tumble Weed
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2023, 09:55:40 AM »
the thing that gets me is we get a decent result....nothing ,not a peep......lose and it's almost as if it's the result some folks have been waiting for....no one has a god given right to get out of this crap league but i'm bloody please we've got David Newton at the helm trying his best to do it.....plus you'd struggle to meet a nicer bloke in the dealings i've had with him

Spot on Nikko

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2023, 10:08:23 AM »
100% agree..

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2023, 12:46:31 PM »
Never understand why the words, 'Club of this size shouldn't be down in this league' get used so much.
There are around 27 clubs outside the football league that get better gates than us,
Around 18 of these have matched the facilities and some even more than we have,
Every club in National Premier are in a far better location than us, and at least 75% at our level are also better located,
Most of the smaller clubs above us are funded clubs or racking up debt.

Tamworth get Ave 1246 and the Debt has climbed to over 1 million.
Chorley get Ave 1070 and their Debt is claiming towards the half-million mark.
Brackley tbh are one of the weirdest Set ups around, Current land registries show their club owners 4 bits of land paid by grants and yet none have sports on, The land they play on is on a lease but the agreement shows no amount of time or any signs that they are paying for it. that are around half a mil in debt but their cash in hand is always over a million.

There are many more clubs in that boat some are not even above us. As a club, we are in minimal debt and building within budget, Granted we have to pay a little more to get players in due to our location but I'm happy with the way the club is run, We would all like more but never at the expense of Debt etc

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2023, 01:53:11 PM »
Well put, Nikko and Bostonshire...I think these are the views of the silent majority.

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2023, 07:17:10 PM »

Tumble Weed

looks like it's taking a bit of working out... ;D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2023, 08:13:53 AM »

Tumble Weed

looks like it's taking a bit of working out... ;D

I've absolutely no idea who you are but you seem to have a massive problem with me and my opinions.......