Author Topic: Brackley  (Read 7690 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Brackley
« on: November 29, 2023, 09:48:31 PM »
Match could be off. Looking rather chilly.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 08:30:42 AM »
Thought the same Mick, hopefully an early call either way on Friday night or Saturday morning saves a lot of aggravation.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 12:02:43 PM »
Thought the same Mick, hopefully an early call either way on Friday night or Saturday morning saves a lot of aggravation.

Or a 10am inspection and a day in the pub :D :D :D

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 03:40:07 PM »

Trust you Spillane piss artist

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 12:15:58 PM »
Pitch inspection at 10am.

With the temperature not creeping above zero at all in Brackley tomorrow, I'd be surprised if this one goes ahead.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 01:12:06 PM »

;D ;D

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 03:00:08 PM »
I cancelled driving to my friend's place in Towcester this afternoon, just down the road from Brackley, on the basis that it won't be on. Can always change my mind tomorrow if they surprise us (unlikely - it's hovering between 0 and -1 here now).

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2023, 02:36:48 PM »
Game on...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2023, 03:21:32 PM »

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2023, 06:17:29 PM »
All over them in the second half…..but failed to score. I suppose Culverhouse will sing their praises but a loss is a loss. Too many already this season.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2023, 09:11:26 PM »
I've just watched the interview. Memories of Craig Elliott just before the axe fell. 3 weeks to Xmas and the season is just about over. We will avoid relegation but is that something to shout about? I also sensed that Craig Singleton is starting to "twitch".

UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 09:42:16 AM »
It was colder than a mother-in-laws kiss which didn't help with the sloppy start we made, yet another goal from a long throw so poorly defended. After getting one back into injury time of the first half (which I missed as I had gone in the club house for a warming whiskey) I thought we could get back into the game.
Second half we played arguably our best football of the season dominating posession but frustratingly no end product, learn to defend and I feel we can go on to better things.  UTP.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2023, 11:16:32 AM »

At least I didn't miss the goal ;D ;D ;D

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2023, 11:23:51 AM »
I thought Smart looked lively when he came on, and Hazel put himself about. Two sucker punches for their goals, and two worldly saves to keep it at 2-0.  This being the only threat they had. Second half we were on top and should have got something from the game.  We need points and quick, else we will have nothing to play for. :-[

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2023, 08:22:21 AM »
Another slow start, 2 gift goals and if it weren't for the keeper it would have been 4 inside half an hour.

By the time we realized Brackley were no better than us it was too late, lots of huff and puff, lots of effort but an alarmingly low quality threshold.

My first trip to Sid James Park, a better venue than I expected and decent people at the club but its a sobering reminder that we've been at this level 13 seasons now without ever really threatening to get out of the division, let alone win the thing. We come to accept this level of mediocrity now and once you settle for second best the only way is down. Massive respect to the 80-100 regular away fans, true friends of football because that was as a forgettable a performance as every other one I've seen this season, you all deserve so much better.

Ground Number 162 ticked off.