Author Topic: Chorley  (Read 2645 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Chorley
« on: November 26, 2023, 11:50:02 AM »
Disappointed with the result, but not the Performance.  Brought back memories of our Playoff defeat to them in the 8th minute of 5 minutes added time.

I could see it coming, we sat too deep in the last 10 minutes.

Only one point out of six last two home games.  Not good enough, but a good signing in Hazel is a positive.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Re: Chorley
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 11:55:04 AM »
I thought we deserved to win. Why is it referees seem to want to finish a phase of play before blowing their whistle? Surely if time’s up it’s up? It’s like giving them one more chance to score. The linesperson said one more minute two minutes from the end! I don’t get it…

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 02:35:24 PM »
My first game for quite a while, shame we couldn't hang on.
Chorley were a well organised side, they passed the ball well,  and had some very good players. There's no shame drawing with a team as good as they were.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 12:30:41 PM »
I thought we deserved to win. Why is it referees seem to want to finish a phase of play before blowing their whistle? Surely if time’s up it’s up? It’s like giving them one more chance to score. The linesperson said one more minute two minutes from the end! I don’t get it…

I would be more concerned why we had 4 players marking one player on the front post allowing their player to stroll in and equalise. Defending for the 1st goal it should have been cleared twice.