Author Topic: vs RUSHALL  (Read 3854 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
vs RUSHALL
« on: November 21, 2023, 10:36:56 PM »
WOW!.
 Im not usually critical of the team but that was truely  an absolutely dreadful performance {especially the second half}.
We just dont look like we will EVER score a goal.
Ive got serious doubts now about the immediate future, we cant carry on like this.
Remember aswell that we have {once again} exited both major cup competitions this season to lower league teams.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: vs RUSHALL
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 10:48:01 PM »
As long as Joe doesn’t give the normal trust the process interview, as that will make a crap night worse. Why do we have three on the touch line, put a coach in the stand and they will see, and clearly we clear the ball and do not support the forwards.

First half we just don’t set up to entertain , sit deep and let the opposition dominate us in our half. The gate said it all tonight I’m afraid.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 11:04:04 PM »
That young lady was the worst refferee to ever officiate at this level however, that is absolutely no excuse for the pathetic exhibition by a Boston United so called team. Lee mentioned the management team and I have to agree, how the manager can see what is going on on the pitch from his place on the bench below pitch lavel is beyond me, then as usual for the last ten minutes comes out shouting and balling orders when it is too late.
This set up is going nowhere and wants sorting out ASAP the decisions made by the management regarding starting line ups and substitutions often appears to make no sense. Yes I will be there on Saturday hoping we can once again paper over the ever widening cracks.  UTP

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 08:40:11 AM »
It wasn’t great but my guest didn’t feel it was a really bad performance and at the end of the day he also made the point that we are a point off the play offs. My observations were that we seem to now be playing it long again (from the start) and this makes procession a lottery or 50/50 at best. Also, I don’t like to see the manager shouting negatively when he does come to the touchline, shaking his head, moaning about performances etc etc. Surely it’s about supporting and coaching (his own) young group? I get he cares and is disappointed but poor behaviours just add to an increasingly negative atmosphere..

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 09:05:12 AM »
I have waited until this morning to post and I am still of the same opinion.  I have three points I want to raise about the game and things in general.

1:  Ms/Miss/Mrs Emily Heaslip you should never referee a Boston game again. When I saw the team sheet and the referee's name I knew the game was spoiled. We have some very bad referees in this league, but she must rank in the top one.  Someone said she reffed the Farsley v Boston game last week and we lost to two penalties.  Neither red card last night was warranted.  it was the 38th minute before she gave Boston a free kick, this being greeted with ironic cheers.  We played 36 minutes with 10 men due to her misuse of the red card.

2:  No matter how inept she was last night, you couldn't hide the very poor performance of our team.  It was like watching England.  They are afraid to go forward with the ball. Whenever they were in a good position to put their defence under pressure, we passed it back.  I'm not suggesting we play " Ainge football " but by putting balls in the box, puts them under pressure.  One shining light from last night was the outstanding performance from Dylan Hill.  I worry he won't be here long.

3:  Our goals for record is one of the worst in the league, our goals against is one of the best.  We need to find a balance.  Our injury list keeps on growing which does not help.  We can't seem to field a settled team, so we have to make some excuses.  The bottom line in my opinion is, we are not good enough.  Our squad is paper thin and we suffer from a lack of consistency. I think recruitment was poor in the summer, with the onus being on potential and not proven ability.  it's a dangerous route to follow, unless we are a feeder club.  Are we a club that brings players on and sells for a profit?  Or are we a club with ambition?  At the moment I am leaning towards the former.  With just over 1200 fans last night, perhaps some new experienced faces ought to be brought in.

Rant over :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 11:11:24 AM »
Having seen the highlights, i think the ref could be in for a talking too. Terrible decisions for both red cards, the 2nd she is looking the complete opposite way! Lino clearly hasn't asked her to come over either

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 12:26:24 PM »
Someone said she reffed the Farsley v Boston game last week and we lost to two penalties.

She didn't. She has reffed us before, though.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 03:26:23 PM »

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 08:22:51 AM »
Often after results like this I’m on social media venting my frustration. Sadly it’s becoming the norm and like many others I just can’t be bothered. I have a season ticket so I will be there Saturday but if I hadn’t I might join the 500 fans that have drifted away. Some people say look at the league we are in a good position but let’s face it I think the quality I’ve seen from away teams has been the worst for several years.
Apathy has crept in, it’s obvious that we are so light squad wise and especially in attacking options.

I too are fed up with the constant drivil from the management team, we are losing to teams that I have to search on google to see where they are from, bloody rubbish Boston.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023, 12:33:16 PM »
Often after results like this I’m on social media venting my frustration. Sadly it’s becoming the norm and like many others I just can’t be bothered. I have a season ticket so I will be there Saturday but if I hadn’t I might join the 500 fans that have drifted away. Some people say look at the league we are in a good position but let’s face it I think the quality I’ve seen from away teams has been the worst for several years.
Apathy has crept in, it’s obvious that we are so light squad wise and especially in attacking options.

I too are fed up with the constant drivil from the management team, we are losing to teams that I have to search on google to see where they are from, bloody rubbish Boston.

The club would do well to listen to these kind of posts, I only attend away games on a very infrequent basis but I hear it all the time from lifelong supporters of the club who have just about had enough of the constant mediocrity served up post covid/post ground move. I know of around a dozen regular York Street attendees who were long term 25+ seasons supporters who now either don't attend or only attend when it suits them, not as a matter of course.
It was a frequently touted phrase that The JCS would be a game changer but all I've seen is division in the support and a general apathy about the direction of the club, which can't have gone un-noticed in the board room. The lack of information coming out of the club smacks of the bad old days of the 90's before E*ans arrived when a club communication with the fans was about as common as a visit from Halleys Comet.....it begs the question what has happened to warrant this change in approach?   

Timshorts

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 11:13:24 PM »

The club would do well to listen to these kind of posts, I only attend away games on a very infrequent basis but I hear it all the time from lifelong supporters of the club who have just about had enough of the constant mediocrity served up post covid/post ground move. I know of around a dozen regular York Street attendees who were long term 25+ seasons supporters who now either don't attend or only attend when it suits them, not as a matter of course.
It was a frequently touted phrase that The JCS would be a game changer but all I've seen is division in the support and a general apathy about the direction of the club, which can't have gone un-noticed in the board room. The lack of information coming out of the club smacks of the bad old days of the 90's before E*ans arrived when a club communication with the fans was about as common as a visit from Halleys Comet.....it begs the question what has happened to warrant this change in approach?   

Well part of the problem is that however nice the new ground is, or could be, it still isn't york street. Even York street in decline was still full of memories and, give it its due, it was for a couple of decades a ground to be proud of at non-league level. I mean, would anybody have swapped it for, say fylde, Scunthorpe or Walsall.

There are a number of things that put people off going:-
1. Team becomes shit
2. Move to a ground that isn't miles better than the old one
3. Turnover of players so that the connection between the team and the supporters is lost. "I don't know who any of these players are" syndrome.
4. Detestable owner or manager - glazers, evans, fat Mike Ashley, and not in that order.

When you get two of the four it's bad, three is a serious problem.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 08:05:23 AM »

Well part of the problem is that however nice the new ground is, or could be, it still isn't york street. Even York street in decline was still full of memories and, give it its due, it was for a couple of decades a ground to be proud of at non-league level. I mean, would anybody have swapped it for, say fylde, Scunthorpe or Walsall.

There are a number of things that put people off going:-
1. Team becomes shit
2. Move to a ground that isn't miles better than the old one
3. Turnover of players so that the connection between the team and the supporters is lost. "I don't know who any of these players are" syndrome.
4. Detestable owner or manager - glazers, evans, fat Mike Ashley, and not in that order.

When you get two of the four it's bad, three is a serious problem.

Good job DN & NK are good men or we'd be in serious bother!

you are bang on about the churn of players though, I know I'm no longer a regular but I don't recognize a single player, if you have a slight hiatus in support you can generally go back and see one or two familiar faces, but to me they are a team of strangers.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2023, 09:45:10 AM »
Personally thought they looked better 10 against 11. I feel for the forwards there is no supply to them, almost expected to create their own chances and score them! Mooney is running around on one leg, the lack of depth in the squad dont forget is a management choice. Why on earth they haven't used the loan market is very strange.

I love football to be played on the ground, but I find it such a hard watch? It doesn't seem to go anywhere with any pace, really boring to watch which contributes to the negative atmosphere as there isn't anything to get you off your seat or get excited about.

Trust the process ffs.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2023, 08:22:00 PM »
I feel for the forwards there is no supply to them, almost expected to create their own chances and score them! Mooney is running around on one leg

He had 2 very good chances on Tuesday, the first one just before half-time can be classed as a sitter...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 12:32:39 PM »
I feel for the forwards there is no supply to them, almost expected to create their own chances and score them! Mooney is running around on one leg

He had 2 very good chances on Tuesday, the first one just before half-time can be classed as a sitter...

He did indeed, but how many of the chances are by the forwards creating them themselves. A lot I would personally say.