Author Topic: Coalville  (Read 4808 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Coalville
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2023, 02:34:23 PM »
Thanks for the feedback to my query about Finlay Thorndyke. I, for one, am sorry to see him go. I realise that he could be "muscled" off the ball a bit too easily, but he had a genuine attacking mind-set going forward, and that is what we are desperately short of. I will not be surprised if he surfaces somewhere else and makes a name for himself.

UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2023, 03:06:18 PM »
Am I missing something?? Why has the only fit forward gone out on loan. Do we have no recall for him?

Because he wanted to leave, after being stuck on the bench. Can't recall in the first 28 days.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2023, 04:09:13 PM »
Part of the poor communication may be down to trying not to give useful information to the opposition. If they know key players are out injured or suspended or have left then they can adjust their game plans accordingly.

This has been mentioned before and while I'm not after us giving away any trade secrets, I think under previous managers we were at least afforded the courtesy of knowing whether players were still around. The silence about Gyasi and McLintock just meant fans were left guessing. When results go awry and the management are whining about being short of numbers, I think asking why we've cut players loose before we have replacements lined up is a reasonable question.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2023, 05:19:30 PM »
100% agree. McLintock was in the stadium watching at least one game. Was he injured or out of favour? Would be good to know..

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2023, 05:32:42 PM »
Out of favour.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2023, 08:05:45 AM »
I have to agree that communication is very poor. We get very little idea of how injured players are faring and whether (or when) they are likely to be fit. I only knew that Bostwick and Richards were suspended for the Peterborough Sports game through other channels - it did not appear as far as I'm aware on the website. When players 'disappear' or aren't in the squad we usually have no idea why. We really are interested in what is going on at our club!

That wonderful technology BUSA provided has been used for pathetic and pointless Tik Tok video's that add nothing to the general air of frustration around the club.

The club really is totally disconnected from the support base at the moment.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2023, 11:52:00 AM »
do other clubs tell fans exactly what every player is like at training? what they're experiencing off field in private lives?  how they "fit in" with the rest of the squad??

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2023, 12:10:31 PM »
My kids like the tik tok videos!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2023, 03:58:55 PM »
That wonderful technology BUSA provided has been used for pathetic and pointless Tik Tok video's that add nothing to the general air of frustration around the club.

They aren't aimed at you, but for the teenagers who never put their phone down. They bring the players closer to the younger fans.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2023, 05:24:31 PM »

They aren't aimed at you, but for the teenagers who never put their phone down. They bring the players closer to the younger fans.

Ah, thanks for that Scott, that'll be the same players that jump ship for a tenner a week elsewhere then........what great models to learn from eh?