Author Topic: Coalville  (Read 4800 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Coalville
« on: November 18, 2023, 09:23:11 PM »
Well there it was for all to see, so short on personel when young Wilson leaves the field with what looked like a dislocated shoulder we replace him with a young fullback to play as a lone striker. Perhaps it is as well we are out of this competition if this how desperate we are for players, this is not having a pop at the young fellow who gave his all. For crying out loud lets have some players in the fans deserve much better. UTP.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Coalville
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 09:57:31 PM »
All we need now is someone like Skegness to knock us out of the Lincs Cup and for the 3rd season in a row we have been knocked out of all 3 Cup competitions by lower league opposition. Shambolic.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 10:30:32 PM »
I think you can guarantee that is what will happen.  I wonder who put the curse on us in regards of games!!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 10:52:33 PM »
I am struggling to listen to interviews anymore. It’s as if the game didn’t matter , no centre forwards on the pitch after the injury for crying out loud. Yes the manager had to back all players during the interview but once again out of both cups to lower league teams is not good enough for me.  Rant over.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 11:17:23 PM »
Shameful! 'Nuff said.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 12:28:21 PM »
Does anyone know what's happened to Finlay Thorndike? He seems to have gone AWOL.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 02:30:48 PM »
Gone back to Birmingham I think.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 05:43:29 PM »
Thorndike's gone back to Birmingham. Of course, this was only revealed in the programme by *the chairman* long after it had happened, and not once was Cully asked the question in several interviews by BBC Radio Lincs.

Newton said he'd returned because he wasn't breaking into the team - but didn't elaborate. Which is exactly why you need someone to ask, well.... why? If we're so short of numbers, why did we bring in a loan player like Thorndike only to decide he wasn't good enough? What happened? Was the scouting poor? Was he not putting shifts in at training? Could he not commit to the travelling? Is the money saved by his departure being reinvested into the squad?

Did anyone ask these questions? No. Of course they didn't.

The club's communication is frankly pathetic. The media coverage is somehow even worse. Yes, thank you BBC Lincs for covering the games, but when things aren't going well or players are AWOL you have to be comfortable asking the management some awkward questions, and clearly no-one at the station can be bothered. Absolutely useless.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 05:45:32 PM by Pete Brooksbank »

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2023, 05:58:25 PM »
I couldn’t really understand Gyasi going to the top of the league team immediately before a home game either, leaving no attackers on the bench? Seemed bizarre or have I missed a club communication?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2023, 10:12:54 PM »
I have heard Cully is notoriously hard to get along with.  I got this information from an ex player, obviously I only got one side of the story
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2023, 08:24:36 AM »
Thorndike's gone back to Birmingham. Of course, this was only revealed in the programme by *the chairman* long after it had happened, and not once was Cully asked the question in several interviews by BBC Radio Lincs.

Newton said he'd returned because he wasn't breaking into the team - but didn't elaborate. Which is exactly why you need someone to ask, well.... why? If we're so short of numbers, why did we bring in a loan player like Thorndike only to decide he wasn't good enough? What happened? Was the scouting poor? Was he not putting shifts in at training? Could he not commit to the travelling? Is the money saved by his departure being reinvested into the squad?

Did anyone ask these questions? No. Of course they didn't.

The club's communication is frankly pathetic. The media coverage is somehow even worse. Yes, thank you BBC Lincs for covering the games, but when things aren't going well or players are AWOL you have to be comfortable asking the management some awkward questions, and clearly no-one at the station can be bothered. Absolutely useless.

Point well made Pete, I have been critical of the terrible communication from the club and got a bit of stick for it. Then it is revealed BUSA have provided at great expense wonderful new technical equipment video cameras etc which will lead to improvements in those communications. I would have been happy with that investment but it has not done what I believe it was donated for, certainly nothing produced involving the management team updating us on the general situation regarding training , injuries etc. All there has been is filming of the players answering stupid insignificant questions as you say Peter nobody seems willing to ask relevant questions. UTP.     

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2023, 08:34:48 AM »
I have to agree that communication is very poor. We get very little idea of how injured players are faring and whether (or when) they are likely to be fit. I only knew that Bostwick and Richards were suspended for the Peterborough Sports game through other channels - it did not appear as far as I'm aware on the website. When players 'disappear' or aren't in the squad we usually have no idea why. We really are interested in what is going on at our club!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2023, 08:56:27 AM »
Part of the poor communication may be down to trying not to give useful information to the opposition. If they know key players are out injured or suspended or have left then they can adjust their game plans accordingly.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2023, 01:24:10 PM »
Part of the poor communication may be down to trying not to give useful information to the opposition. If they know key players are out injured or suspended or have left then they can adjust their game plans accordingly.

Fair point. The "match preview" tells you nothing! Unlike Sleaford Town's, which John Steinbeck would have been proud of. OK, slight exaggeration.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2023, 01:53:44 PM »
Am I missing something?? Why has the only fit forward gone out on loan. Do we have no recall for him?