Author Topic: New Players  (Read 5704 times)

View from the Park

• View Profile
New Players
« on: November 16, 2023, 06:43:51 PM »
The Manager has stated he would like to bring in a couple more players, who would you like the club to sign, but be realistic 😉

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Players
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 06:58:46 AM »
It all revolves around money, I would  say. It's like Christmas, you have wishes but not all of them come to fruition.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 08:00:42 AM »
I hear the biggest problem is actually getting signings over the line, players wanting to come but either them or their agents being unrealistic with wage demands.

I am critical of the club on a lot of levels, but by the same token these boys are level 6 players, not FL players, a hefty dose or realism is required when it comes to remuneration.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 01:45:55 PM »
I heard a rumour that Danny Elliott was coming back. Not one for me, i'm afraid.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 02:12:15 PM »
I heard a rumour that Danny Elliott was coming back. Not one for me, i'm afraid.

Nor me Mick, he'll only be angling for his next move every time he scores and then thanking his God for his good fortune........

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 03:52:26 PM »
I have no problem IF Danny Elliott came back, to push and provide cover for our front two. Wasn’t he almost top scorer at our level when he was here? Injuries will come or minor injuries will need protecting. If it’s difficult to sign players and proven goal scorers are ever harder to come by, why not? No one ever stays very long anyway!!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2023, 05:07:29 PM »
I have no problem IF Danny Elliott came back, to push and provide cover for our front two. Wasn’t he almost top scorer at our level when he was here? Injuries will come or minor injuries will need protecting. If it’s difficult to sign players and proven goal scorers are ever harder to come by, why not? No one ever stays very long anyway!!

It's why I find it hard to get excited about anyone decent these days - the moment they show a scrap of promise they're gone for free and the whole process starts afresh.

Cameron Gregory will be gone soon enough, if not in January then definitely in the summer. And as per usual we'll get bugger all for him because we either won't offer him another contract, or he'll refuse to sign one. Ho hum.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 07:26:37 PM »
The days of Chris Cook, Martin Hardy, and Bazza are, I'm afraid long gone. We'll never see the likes of them again, agents have put paid to that. As for Danny Elliott how many goals did he score that wasn't from penalties.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 07:49:16 PM »
Clearly need another attacking option. Lack of attacking options on the bench recently. I'm sure manager knows this and sounds like someone will be signed in the next week.

Chadwick wasn't getting a game a Gateshead, was hoping we'd get him in January but then he scored a hatrick last weekend so that's likely given his season a kick start there. Someone in that mold would be good but that's asking a lot as he was a bit special at this level.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2023, 07:04:56 PM »
Started for them today. I tuned in on National League TV - he was subbed off but my word Gateshead look a wonderful team.

Why are they good and we're so crap? Answers on a postcard....

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2023, 07:14:33 PM »
And they do it on gates often lower than hours. Whether it's a better catchment area for players,I don't know. It's our endless conundrum.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2023, 12:58:18 AM »
Why are they good and we're so crap? Answers on a postcard....

Gateshead have Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and possibly Leeds to choose from. Just look at some of the youngsters Greene brought in on loan from Sunderland, it's probably fair to say that they improved the team.

Maybe Cully should ask Norwich to lend us some of their talented youngsters?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 01:00:36 AM by Deeping Pilgrim »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2023, 12:21:57 PM »
I'm always surprised we never seem to have links with Nottingham forest.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Mr Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2023, 03:19:45 PM »
Shameful to play any game without a single striker.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2023, 10:37:54 PM »
I'd be 100% for Elliott coming back. Generally speaking the fans loved him, even if he's only here from now til the seasons end but bangs in 15-20 goals and gets us in the play-offs or even the top 3 nobody is moaning with that are they?!