Author Topic: Peterborough Sports (A)  (Read 3110 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Peterborough Sports (A)
« on: November 14, 2023, 09:59:53 PM »
Thought that was a very solid win. Bit of a nothing first half but we stepped it up a gear in the second with two really excellent goals and a decent team effort overall, especially considering we had three players probably carrying knocks from Saturday and some enforced changes (Mills is always going to be a big miss). I'm not going to sit here and pretend Sports were all that good but we've already seen United slip up against limited teams, especially away, several times this season so this was a step in the right direction!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Peterborough Sports (A)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 11:06:01 PM »
Isn't this our first win against them ??
I see Kings Lynn tanked scunny  tonight...

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 12:26:17 AM »
I couldn't agree more, Pete. It's my local game of course, and I'm pleased I was there. We were at it from the start, didn't give PS time on the ball and played some decent possession football. Nobody had a bad game, but I must mention Jai Rowe in the middle of the back three and Tom Edge who was always composed. I'd like to see him play more often. I think his last game before injury was away at Darlington, my last previous away game, where he didn't let us down playing in the defence. Cully may have some decisions to make about Coalville after tonight's encouraging performance.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 09:17:10 AM »
Top performance from a very young team. You can only beat what's in front of you. They never stopped running, well done lads.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 09:19:41 AM »
Yes David I think we agreed after and during the game that  Rowe and Edge were outstanding. Was very impressed how the young boys took the game by the scruff of the neck just when they were coming under a bit of pressure. A second half that lifted the spirits going forward Well done Lads see you all at Coalville.  UTP.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 10:08:27 AM »
Mills is always going to be a big miss
Kinda forgot he wasn't playing until now. Dylan Hill ran his socks off, I think wing-back is the perfect position for him with his energy and speed.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bazzer70

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 02:14:11 PM »
Watched on the live stream, most enjoyable game with some outstanding performances from our lads. As Dipdodah says you can only beat whats in front of you but that is what we haven't done away from home in the past so well done to everyone.

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 06:47:28 PM »
As Dipdodah says you can only beat whats in front of you
summed up perfectly by a second half chant last night “how sh*t must you be, we’re winning away” 😆