Author Topic: Still counting  (Read 4986 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Still counting
« on: November 07, 2023, 09:46:53 PM »
15 hours of play since one of our forwards scored. Nearly two months ago.
Just sat through 90 minutes of very poor football.
Things have to improve else our season will be over before Christmas.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

wismo

• View Profile
Re: Still counting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 09:51:33 PM »
Agree. Just watched as well and it was dire. The players have had long enough to perform consistently well and are falling short. Need two new strikers, a midfield playmaker, a new center half. Dylan needs to start a game as well. Waiting for Culverhouse excuses

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 09:53:34 PM »
That was absolutely dreadful.

Bazzer70

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 10:02:45 PM »
Very poor performance against a poor side. We never looked like scoring and only Wilson and Hill showed any enthusiasm for the contest once they came on. Speaks volumes that we didn't get our first corner until the 80 something minute.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 10:15:45 PM »
That was absolutely dreadful.

Oh come on Pete there must be a better adjective to describe that performance. I played on that pitch 52 years ago and it was better then than it is now, however, there can be no excuses for the pathetic performance we have just witnessed. Sorry to say that I feel the money I have raised for the club plus the cost of my season ticket and parking looks as though it has been in vain. The chairman needs to smell the coffee and soon or the supporters will call it quits. BUSA are working their socks off to raise money for the club but they must be so disappointed that all that work appears at the moment to be for nothing, I don't understand why they are trying to raise thousands to pay for the under 21 squad which appears to be a waste of time and money. Something has to change and soon or we will all lose our love for the club.  UTP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 10:26:28 PM »
Farsley's 1st win at home. Well I never. It helps when your opponents couldn't score if the game went on till midnight. We do not have a "strike-force". Full stop. IC has to take responsibility for this. I would not go anywhere near the Chairman tomorrow. Miracles not withstanding, we will finish this season in about 14th place with a remarkably low goals for total.

UTP[old habits die hard]

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 11:06:01 PM »
Scoring goals is our  main problem... its a very obvious and stand out problem. Surely anyone can see that. We just dont look like we will score a goal.

The last time we managed to score more than one goal in a League game was on 2nd September 2023!

And yet at the (very) recent Fans Forum,  our Manager ( from memory, please forgive me if I misheard him or Im wrong) said that we were creating plenty of chances, and he wasnt worried about our lack of goals.       REALLY??!!

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 02:54:32 AM »
Culverhouse rubbish interview, moaned about the first penalty, moaned about the pitch, said we were dragged into ‘their’ game, didn’t once mention he was unhappy with the dreadful performance, lack of goals. I’ve lost any remaining faith in him

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 07:10:04 AM »
Another absolutely diabolical effort
An insult to those people who bothered to go last night
Could easily have been 5 or 6

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 07:57:08 PM »
But I dare bet that most of you will be at the game against Hereford on Saturday - probably praying for a completely different performance.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 08:27:54 AM »
But I dare bet that most of you will be at the game against Hereford on Saturday - probably praying for a completely different performance.

Well, isn't that what being a supporter is all about?!

I'd be there if I could - for all the crap results I'm very much looking forward to being back for the Rushall game in a couple of weeks. It's over a ten hour round trip now (more like twelve if you factor in the stop at Gloucester services) so they'd better not bloody lose!

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 09:41:46 AM »
Well said Pete

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 11:10:24 AM »
I've booked to go to Peterborough on Tuesday, Coalville and Brackley in the next few weeks.

Won't be going to any home games as its such an unfulfilling experience but 2 new ground ticks can't be missed!

Plus for all my moaning they'll always be 'my club', I desperately want them to do well but I can't see it happening in the foreseeable future for a variety of reasons.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 02:54:42 PM »
We did comment preseason that we wondered where the goals would come from.  I think Pete put a post and link up concerning Mooney. I can't find it.  But if if remember right he scored something like 7 goals in 40+ games.  This was for a team relegated from our league.  I can't fault the two forwards commitment, they give 100%.  We need a Mark Newsham type player in the middle.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 04:08:20 PM »
Yes, I did here: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8337.msg128337#msg128337

The forwards remind me a bit of Jordon Crawford - bags of energy, absolutely no doubting the effort put in.... but just not enough end product for a team that wants to be higher up the league. I still don't think we create enough clear cut chances either, despite Cully's claims. Most of the time it's shanked shots hit from distace, half chances hit straight down the keeper's throat.