Author Topic: Scunthorpe  (Read 3131 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Scunthorpe
« on: November 01, 2023, 08:08:25 AM »
Cracking game last night. I thought we deserved the win, and we nearly got it in the final minute. Well done lads.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Re: Scunthorpe
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 08:25:24 AM »
Superb performance. I thought we definitely looked the more likely winners second half. Well done to the whole team..

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 09:10:53 AM »
Good performance but for it to mean anything we need to see it again on Saturday.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 08:38:18 PM »
Good night all round. Buzzing atmosphere good game, both teams looked quality. Good support from both sets of fans. When we get promoted this is what it could be like.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 09:12:45 AM »
Good night all round. Buzzing atmosphere good game, both teams looked quality. Good support from both sets of fans. When we get promoted this is what it could be like.

"When we get Promoted...."

Won't happen Lee, they won't commit to a budget that sees the team challenge.

For two or three years now the league has been wide open and yet we've been nowhere even close.

Hell we've now got a manager in who's won the title but he's having to scratch around with a squad of U23 players in a half baked hybrid system that's all smoke and mirrors to make us look like we're out there hiring up and coming talent when the reality is we're picking up lads on a downward trajectory out of the full time game.

The sooner people wake up to the fact that we're in this league for years to come the better.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 11:36:07 AM »
When we get promoted this is what it could be like.

Yes the away fans really do make a difference when they travel in numbers, the place comes alive - I suppose like YS used to as well, always preferred it when there were more than a handful in the away end!

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 02:21:33 PM »
Unlike some i believe the Chairman does want promotion but not at any cost that would put the club in financial trouble, we all know what happened last time this was tried and without this chairman coming in to save the club we would not be here now. As the saying goes money does not grow on trees especially Chestnut trees although some may think it does. 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 02:43:07 PM »
We've been in two promotion finals in recent years and in both, the players have failed to show up. That's not the chairman's fault.

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023, 05:58:48 PM »
I find it surprising that so many people have an intimate and detailed understanding of the budget and financial position of the club......or are they simply guessing to suit their arguments!?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2023, 07:01:36 PM »
Some interesting thoughts above....
The chairman I've been told has written off 1.5 million.... he is still putting ££ into club...how much more we do want/expect  him to throw at it ?
Saying some of the players are young lads on a downward spiral  is a bit harsh at best....
Bostwick Mills Richards Woods and Gregory  neither fit the above or come cheap (just presuming on the cheap bit as I'm like every other supporter and not privy to wages)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 09:12:04 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2023, 07:39:00 AM »
Andy was on a high after the game ! Every year I am this positive like all footy fans. You are right no real stand out teams so put a run together we hopefully will make the playoffs.