Author Topic: Worse than last season?  (Read 2623 times)

baldfinn

• View Profile
Worse than last season?
« on: October 17, 2023, 08:03:10 PM »
Are we ? Thinking about Shiels , Platt , Pollock and Chadwick

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Worse than last season?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 08:43:30 PM »
Definitely better than we were at this point last season. We were a mess first half of the season, looked more like 11 individuals than a team and capitulated conceding 4 or 5 on a few occasions.

From Feb onwards yes maybe better than now but we were lucky to get Chadwick on loan. Moving to hybrid always going to be a hard transition initially tough losing Sheils and platt who may have stayed if we were still part time.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 12:55:41 PM »
Shiels - average and injury prone. His greatest asset was his leadership.
Platt - wasn't matching his previous seasons. Also became injury prone, and slow.
Pollock - was awful at the beginning with a few mistakes, improved greatly over the season. Would've suited this season's squad.
Chadwick - not our player, clearly was playing below his level (and should be getting regular football this season). Knowles is similar in style, but not quite at his level - yet.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 01:55:09 PM »
Platt - wasn't matching his previous seasons. Also became injury prone, and slow.
Pollock - was awful at the beginning with a few mistakes, improved greatly over the season. Would've suited this season's squad.
Chadwick - not our player, clearly was playing below his level (and should be getting regular football this season). Knowles is similar in style, but not quite at his level - yet.

Yeah, pretty spot on.

Pollock would have fit this team wonderfully but he clearly wanted out and if a player wants to leave then just get rid.

As for Chadwick, he's currently at Gateshead but not making their starting XI that often and is being used mainly being used off the bench, but I imagine Gateshead is a tough team to crack into (which does make me wonder why Stockport bothered sending him there instead of, say, back to us - but hey ho!).

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 05:11:04 PM »
Agreed apart from Shiels who I thought was a really good player, body on the line and a goal in him. I thought he only had one major injury?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 07:25:47 PM »

Yeah, pretty spot on.

Pollock would have fit this team wonderfully but he clearly wanted out and if a player wants to leave then just get rid.

As for Chadwick, he's currently at Gateshead but not making their starting XI that often and is being used mainly being used off the bench, but I imagine Gateshead is a tough team to crack into (which does make me wonder why Stockport bothered sending him there instead of, say, back to us - but hey ho!).

Williamson has left Gateshead to go to MK so a new manager may see his worth...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/