Author Topic: Curzon  (Read 2936 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Curzon
« on: October 07, 2023, 10:21:32 PM »
It;s 10PM and no-one wants to say a word. Well I do. When it comes to the league, we are strictly come average. Next week's FA Cup tie at Worksop is VERY important. We have to win it. If we don't, support will drain away. I do have my doubts, and I'd like to be proved wrong.

UTP

mdfman

• View Profile
Re: Curzon
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 10:55:21 PM »
I was there today and thought we were very poor indeed. The defence was at fault for the goals and we were either shot shy or off target when given the chance. Curzon made it look easy and after goal 3 just sat back and watched Boston huff and puff. Very disappointing but I at least only had a 2 mile trip home. I felt sorry for everyone who came up from Lincolnshire and had nothing to get excited about all game bar the last 10 minutes when Curzon had already eased up long before.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 09:13:03 AM »
We had this conversation in July.  Striker and holding midfielder needed. We are having plenty of bad luck concerning injuries in defence.  A cup run is a must, so let's make it like a home match on Saturday.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 05:51:45 PM »
The problem is our small catchment area when trying to sign new players. Smaller teams like Curzon have a wider choice than us and it means their players will never be far from home. Unless we are to prepared to pay exhorbitant salaries to attract quality ex league players we will always struggle.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 06:12:47 PM »
The problem is our small catchment area when trying to sign new players. Smaller teams like Curzon have a wider choice than us and it means their players will never be far from home. Unless we are to prepared to pay exhorbitant salaries to attract quality ex league players we will always struggle.

Not sure our catchment area is that small, haven't we got players living in Shrewsbury, all over the West Midlands and Yorkshire? Admittedly, the numbers of players willing to travel those distances might be smaller.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 06:25:27 PM »
We looked good for the first 20mins but after their goal we looked devoid of ideas. We didn't create much at all and when we did get in behind we missed. I'd have played Fin more centrally as he looked lost out wide. Rowe I wasn't impressed with but give him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first game. Overall really not impressed. I assume Ethan will come back in at LB now so that opens up a couple more options for us. We certainly don't look like competing at the very top of the league but having said that we are not too far off the top. Massive game on Saturday and a must not lose, hopefully get through to the first round and string a run of wins together in the league.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2023, 08:22:59 PM »
It is now over 4 1/2 hours since one of our forwards found the back of the net.  A good time to score tomorrow

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 08:28:35 PM »
Now over 6 hours. It's as clear as the nose on your face. We need a striker and fast.