Author Topic: Rushall Olympic  (Read 2343 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Rushall Olympic
« on: October 01, 2023, 08:58:49 AM »
Well done to the team on a professional display yesterday.  I look forward to the draw tomorrow and hope for an easy home tie.  A special mention to all the Boston fans who made the trip, it looked like we outnumbered the home support.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rushall Olympic
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 10:10:52 AM »
 Indeed Mick we had a good day but how disappointing a crowd of just over 400 and as you say the majority being from Boston (how do these teams survive and compete ?) Not the most thrilling of games but I supose it really is all about the result in cup games and was a very good result. Yet again I thought our defence was first class and it looked as though at last we have come to terms with dealing with the long throw. Can't be at the next two games so I hope like you we get an easy home draw so I will be able to see us in the first round proper. Yet again a fabulous away day on Micks bus and good to link up with the fans on the BUSA bus at the game.  UTP

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 12:15:34 PM »
An easy home draw? ?

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 12:35:59 PM »
Went to see the lads play yesterday and overall was happy with the performance. A special mention for the two young full-backs who both did very well. Knowles was the victim of a nasty late tackle which the ref ignored. Rushall's pitch is plastic and most of the players spent most of the time trying to control the ball.
The only disappointment of the day for me was they sold out of meat pies before I got to the front of the queue!