Author Topic: Chester  (Read 2466 times)

copper89

• View Profile
Chester
« on: September 23, 2023, 07:06:31 PM »
Superb gritty performance from the boys. Bozzie and Woods exceptional. Fair play to Chester who with 10 men made us dig deep for the win. Surprised Gyasi wasn't given a run out because Mooney seemed to be really struggling today. Minor point,well done boys.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chester
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 08:06:02 PM »
Another win at the JCS on a Saturday, v good record of late for saturday home matches

Yes a good 3 points against a Chester city that were good organised full time side that when going down to 10 did not give up and it seemed to galvanise them. Our experienced players of bostwick and Nicholson stood up well to Chester pushing for an equaliser, woods used his experience and dropped deep in midfield to cut out their threat.

Good save from their pen by Gregory will be interesting to see the highlights but their pen looked v soft decision.

Leaves us only 3 points off top of the league, not a bad position to be in.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 10:13:31 PM by Lee Newell »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 08:59:21 PM »
This will be controversial but what a boring game. Both teams passing around the back four, limited shots on goal, was liking watching a preseason game.  Not floating my boat, I know we win clean sheet etc, but they score the penalty we probably lost the game. I cannot me to a match to be entertained but I’m sat around a lot of people are just talking !!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 09:33:16 PM »
This will be controversial but what a boring game. Both teams passing around the back four, limited shots on goal, was liking watching a preseason game.  Not floating my boat, I know we win clean sheet etc, but they score the penalty we probably lost the game. I cannot me to a match to be entertained but I’m sat around a lot of people are just talking !!

Yes certainly not as entertaining as some of the other home matches this season, both teams were organised and kept possession well in the middle of the park but struggled to break defenses down.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023, 09:51:41 PM »
Well done guys. 2 similar standard teams cancelling each other out to some extent. On the basis our new team is still developing I will happily take the 3 points along with all the possession! 😀

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 09:42:17 AM »
Well done lads, take nothing away from the result but,----------first half was like watching paint dry. Neither team wanted to venture over the halfway line.  Second half was more entertaining partly due to a card happy referee and some dodgy decisions.

I thought both penalties were very soft from where I was sitting.  I thought both disallowed goals should have stood.  I thought Cam dropped the ball before he was clattered. Our goal was good, because the ball was cut back meaning Thorndyke ( I think ) could not be offside.

The team is coming together and they work very hard for each other, but I fear we are missing a proven striker.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late