Author Topic: Sunny at home  (Read 5250 times)

baldfinn

• View Profile
Sunny at home
« on: September 20, 2023, 04:48:31 PM »
I notice today no tickets on sale on website for this one? Maybe game in doubt with their issues

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sunny at home
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 04:52:10 PM »
No, we're waiting for the outcome of the FA Cup this weekend (or Tues if it goes to replay). If either one of us progresses the game's off so it's pointless admin to issue tickets now.

I can't see Scunny's issues having an immediate effect on their ability to fulfil fixtures - the chairman says he's continuing to fund the playing staff for now. Of course with the incoming CCJs and winding up petitions, not to mention legal bills mounting thanks to their battle with Swann, this could all change in the New Year, but for now it's business as usual.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 08:24:12 PM »
If either one of us progresses the game's off

Scunny are already out, so it's on us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 08:24:40 AM »
Yes, I got my dates mixed up - the next round is of course September 30th! And as Scotty says, Scunny had already gone out! So if they're still not on sale they might be having discussions with various parties about making it all ticket, perhaps?

Also, as I understand it, this match will now definitely be on a Saturday but is eligible for streaming due to the international break.

EDIT: I am being seriously thick today, we could still be in the FA Cup that day in which case the game still wouldn't go ahead. I'm off back to bed....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 11:13:26 AM by Pete B »

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 08:55:46 AM »
Yes, I got my dates mixed up - the next round is of course September 30th! And as Scotty says, Scunny had already gone out! So if they're still not on sale they might be having discussions with various parties about making it all ticket, perhaps?

Also, as I understand it, this match will now definitely be on a Saturday but is eligible for streaming due to the international break.

If it does come to rearranging the Scunthorpe home game I don't see how it could be on a Saturday, they all have planned fixtures.
United we stand..................

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 10:42:37 AM »
If Scarborough progress to the 1st round and we don't we could play Scunthorpe on Sat Nov 4th. 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 11:16:23 AM »

If it does come to rearranging the Scunthorpe home game I don't see how it could be on a Saturday, they all have planned fixtures.

Ignore me, the game could still be rearranged due to OUR involvement in the FA Cup, and yes it would likely to be a Tuesday. But we're actually quite busy midweek around that time, so the most likely date would be Tues 31st Oct?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 12:54:58 PM »
Whilst we're on possibilities in the extreme, could it be rearranged on a Saturday in the unlikely event that both teams Scunny and we are due to play are still in a cup?!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 05:54:34 PM »
Is it at all possible that Scunthorpe could go to the wall?
For the supporters sake I hope this doesn't happen.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 07:45:12 PM »
I'm a bit worried for them. It's a perfect storm of a dodgy chairman, a landlord who wants the club out of his stadium, debts getting worse every day, winding up orders, and a squad assembled with money they don't really have. Not to mention a fanbase split between those who are just enjoying winning on Saturday and those who want the chairman to sell up ASAP.

Sound familiar?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2023, 11:02:18 AM »
It's looking likely that when we play Scunny away in January, it could well be at the Northolme (if anywhere at all)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 03:15:13 PM »
Hilton has now started banning his critics from home games. It's going swimmingly....

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 04:00:46 PM »
You are right Pete, it does appear as this guy has driven the club to even lower depths than the previous owner. I think it is almost time to offer their supporters a proper club to support in the county with subsidised travel, it could just work and boost our attendances however, if you think I am being daft forget it.   UTP.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2023, 12:17:00 PM »
It's looking likely that when we play Scunny away in January, it could well be at the Northolme (if anywhere at all)

The move to the Northolme is now confirmed… if Scunthorpe survive that long…

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2023, 12:23:36 PM »
It's happened, Scunthorpe chairman has decided he's had enough and no longer putting his money in. They will play their matches at Gainsborough going forward.

Feel sorry for the Scunthorpe fans, what a mess. They may not make it until the end of the season and have to reform.

Many expected Scunthorpe to win the league but even if they do finish the season this could likely affect their form on the pitch, having to move home matches to Gainsborough along with re-arranging fixtures so home matches to clash with Gainsborough. Certainly feels like an opportunity for us or someone else to get promotion with what feels like not much between the rest of the league.

Would happily have Danny Elliot back if Scunthorpe are looking to get rid of players to save money but I  imagine his scoring record of late would mean clubs paying higher wages than us would be interested in him.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/september/club-update/