Author Topic: Norwich United FC - the end  (Read 2328 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Norwich United FC - the end
« on: September 15, 2023, 08:12:54 AM »
Sadly, after 2 months of turmoil which saw the manager, every member of the technical staff (including the groundsman) and every single player leave the club (and the same again at the start of September!), my beloved Norwich United FC have been forced to withdraw from the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier League. They will try and exist only as an U-21 side in the Anglian Combination Div 1 and as an U-18 side in the midweek Thurlow Nunn Youth League. I have no idea what the intentions are with the Club's Sunday morning junior set-ups. The last game played, a League equalling 12-0 home defeat by Thetford Town, was the last straw as 15 out of the 16 players selected were from the Youth set-up. The Club have shown real poor communication skills with the media and fans alike and getting any information out of the new Media Officer was - and is - like getting blood out of a stone. There have been allegations of assaults concerning the latest manager and former players alike plus a story of secret filming in the changing rooms - all of which can be read about on social media. https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/23790410.norwich-united-fc-withdraw-thurlow-nunn-premier/ During the last 2 weeks the Secretary, Photographer and the Tea Kiosk owners all resigned and even I had to step aside as public address announcer. The Norfolk FA are carrying out investigations but I understand that there is no police involvement. I will miss the fellow supporters on a Saturday afternoon and the banter amongst us but will move on and watch other local football in my area.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 08:22:30 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Norwich United FC - the end
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 10:01:52 AM »
Lots of these little clubs could go under. The travelling expenses for players, and clubs is no doubt playing its part. Once most villages had a Saturday and Sunday side.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?