Author Topic: Alfreton  (Read 2971 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Alfreton
« on: September 09, 2023, 05:47:04 PM »
Had to the stream today, what a waste of £9.50 We are in a false position in the league when we perform so abysmally agaist a patched up side. No threat up front and desperate for a left back. The chairman needs to get out the cheque book or it will be yet another year trying to survive in this league, or is it the case that survival will surfice?. Get in some loan players but for goodness sake make sure they are better than the lad from Birmingham. The fans deserve better than this but if it continues they will vote with their feet in fact we will be lucky if 4 or 500 turn up on Saturday. My glass is usually half full but i have just knocked it over.  UTP.

copper89

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 06:58:17 PM »
The thing that disappoints me is that I really thought the Hybrid system would give us a physical edge but if anything we seem to be out on our feet against part time teams and certainly found wanting against the more direct teams. Baffling.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 07:09:41 PM »
Ggggrrr

Ffs

View from the Park

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 07:55:34 PM »
The question must be asked, why on earth can't we attract better players  good gates, fine stadium etc
I'm really confused

Bazzer70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 08:09:46 PM »
Watched on the live stream, most disappointed. Lots of pretty passing but never imposed ourselves on the game. Alfreton allowed us to do the pretty stuff then just muscled their way in and scored when they wanted. We are sadly lacking upfront when Mooney is out and we no longer have a Jake Wright who was always a pain in the bum to defenders, we are just a bit to polite!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 09:40:18 PM »
Is it as simple as getting the cheque book out - and do we have the funds to do so ? What if the budget doesn't allow for any further short term acquisition ? Do we then potentially spend beyond our means to try and achieve success ? Genuinely don't know the answers to these questions.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 10:55:41 PM »
Certainly missed Mooney's presence when he was out today was like the Tamworth match whe he was out and no bite up front. Then at the back gave away some sloppy goals, Edge a young midfielder playing at centre half, not sure bostwick fully fit either. Hopefully get some players back for next Saturday, with a small squad we do struggle when a few are injured.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 03:37:24 PM »
The thing that disappoints me is that I really thought the Hybrid system would give us a physical edge but if anything we seem to be out on our feet against part time teams and certainly found wanting against the more direct teams. Baffling.

Yes, I made a similar point on another thread and speculated that "hybrid" might actually be detrimental to our fitness. Then again the games have been coming thick and fast and it's a small squad so it might just be we only get to see the benefits further into the season?