Author Topic: Blyth (h)  (Read 2694 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Blyth (h)
« on: September 02, 2023, 05:26:15 PM »
Wow! Well done lads!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Blyth (h)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 05:34:00 PM »
How did we win that?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 05:40:02 PM »
I don’t know but am sick after my in-play second half bet of 2-1 😩. Thought all he subs made a real difference today. That was a real (and unexpected) positive for me. Well done to the whole team..

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 06:48:34 PM »
As many of you noted last Monday that Michael Gyasi is one hell of a player ! Supersub  , I 'm not one to get carried away but give him the freedom of the Borough and name a stand after him

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 07:26:24 PM »
unbelievable!! bet a couple of folks had to delete the negative posts they had ready to send after the final whistle.....well done lads,2 points off the top after 7 games is a great start

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 08:49:40 PM »
Been laid low with a horrible virus all week but got out of bed and made the effort. For 89 minutes I was wishing I had stayed at home then Wham Bam Thankyou Mam. How on earth did the lads find the legs to do that because they were good goals to boot? I have been a critic of Gyasi but was pleased to see him finish a great move. I am sure the Blyth players and staff will be having nightmares about how they managed to lose that but I thought their manager made a grave error taking of their most dangerous player to settle for a one nil. Still think we need a couple of signings but well done lads lets go and do the business on Tuesday.  UTP.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 09:46:05 PM »
I’m giving massive credit to Cully he made us go three up and one behind with ten minutes to go. May as well lose two nil.  But we got perhaps lucky against top teams it will be too late. Think we need one more senior pro up top.  But great result and for once luck went our way   So great day out.  UTP

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 10:46:05 AM »
Yes, full marks to Cully for the changes which made the difference. It was a bonkers game. JS spoke very well as usual in his interview. Blyth were certainly the better side in the first half, but we came back as the second half progressed, missing some half-decent opportunities. When we got the equaliser, Blyth could easily have sat back and gone for the draw, but (full marks to them) even at that stage they went for the winner (and nearly got it) which let us break for the two goals. I suspect it would have been a draw if they had shut up shop. I see on another forum that one or two are having a go at Mooney. OK, he might have done better once or twice (when doesn't that happen to anyone?), but he never hid, never stopped running and being available, and scored twice. That will do for me (and he has 4 league goals already). I was pleased for Gyasi that he scored (and took it well). And Dylan Hill maintained the good impression he made on me as Trialist A or whatever pre-season.

What is encouraging for me is that all the opposition in our first four home games have come to play football, so they've been enjoyable matches. UTP.

PS It was interesting to eavesdrop on the KL forum. Someone wondered why they can't play any of their youngsters, given that someone like Tyler Knowles was never promoted to their squad and has come to us and featured in recent games. He's certainly learning - he and Hill combined very well at one point to snuff out a serious goal threat when we'd got ourselves into a mess.