Author Topic: Bishop Stortford  (Read 5433 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bishop Stortford
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2023, 12:15:48 PM »
They got us near the end with a good delivery from the free kick which was well finished. A shame really as I thought we'd done enough to deserve at least a point. There were a lot of tired legs out there towards the end of the match. Just before the goal I thought we had a good spell with Knowles nearly scoring which was cleared off the line and the subs of Ward and Gyasi having a bit more energy and pressing them in the final third but it was Stortford who found the winner.

a lot of tired legs......

We're basically full time Lee, that excuse really doesn't wash. It was a poor performance and one indicative of a team that won't challenge for the top spot.........play offs possibly but on that showing it'll be another season in this league next year. A shame as I'd heard nothing but good things about Saturday's performance.

After Saturday's impressive performance it was certainly a reality check.

Yes we don't quite look like we'll be challenging for the title. But we're only 3 points off the top after 6 games would have taken that before the season started. Everyone expects Scunthorpe to win the league but they've got issues off the pitch with a threat of losing their home stadium with that going to court in January so that could derail them and could then be anyones to win. We look like we will be in or around the playoffs on how this team has started, hopefully we'll make and finally get the playoff promotion this season. Got to look on the bright side, comparing the team now to 12 months ago we are so much better. Been some really good football to watch in the home matches  v Warrington and South Sheilds. I wonder how we'll do away from home on the heavy winter pitches that won't suit Culverhouse's passing style.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2023, 07:08:18 PM »
Gyasi’s ability to ‘air kick’ with either of his left feet was the attraction apparently

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2023, 01:17:41 PM »
Great away support, very friendly locals
But no real chances, no real passages of passing, possession play. Disappointing performance. They’ve only scores 4 goals in 6 games

Grrr!!

What was more disappointing for me than the result was the sexist abuse that the ref was getting from some of our "great away support". Some people really need to arrive in 2023.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2023, 05:36:48 PM »
But no real chances, no real passages of passing, possession play. Disappointing performance. They’ve only scores 4 goals in 6 games

Grrr!!

What was more disappointing for me than the result was the sexist abuse that the ref was getting from some of our "great away support". Some people really need to arrive in 2023.

Totally agree, I thought she had a good game. The persons shouting the abuse were not of the older generation.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2023, 08:17:45 PM »

Grrr!!

Totally agree, I thought she had a good game. The persons shouting the abuse were not of the older generation.

One I saw had a good 15 years on me and I'm early 40s. Was tempted.to call him out on it at half time but he was beered up and I didn't want to ruin my day out. Maybe I should have.