Author Topic: Warrington  (Read 3019 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Warrington
« on: August 26, 2023, 06:54:15 PM »
This is not being critical but we could have had 4 or 5 goals today which is testament to Cullys way of playing the game which is great to watch. Two of the best goals we will see all season made today a real pleasure. I don't want to single any player out as I feel they all contributed in a lovely team performance and gave us all a warm feeling for the rest of the season. Looking forward to carrying on like this on Monday at Stortford and having another great away day on Micks party bus.  UTP.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: Warrington
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 08:16:29 PM »
Fantastic to watch. Young (apart from senior pros) hungry fit group a pleasure to watch. All three games at home have been great to watch. Only negative today was the ref wasn’t a yellow card in the game until Duggan cheated then it was card after card. 

Bazzer70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 08:48:36 PM »
Good game to watch and I thought Warrington played their part. Two great goals and a whole host of strange decisions from the ref. Nobody could accuse him of being a homer, I think he was well peed of that he couldn't disallow Boston's goals and award one to Warrington!

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 08:52:42 PM »
I must admit I had reservations about how young our squad was but I will eat humble pie. Some of the football is sublime and they are so assured with it and this is at the start of the season. Hopefully they will only improve. Onwards and upwards

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 10:25:49 PM »
What a performance. Warrington not a bad side too. Finding it hard not to get carried away with this start to the season today and the South Shields match really top performances. If you know any casual fans that only want to watch a team that's winning and playing attractive passing football then tell them to get down to the JCS. Really impressed with the team that Cully (and Bazza and Joe) have put together. In my 23 years as a Boston fan this is probably the most entertaining footballing team we've had with good passing football and front players that press the opposition well, seen promotions under Evans and Scott and Hurst but whilst they were good sides were direct and not as good to watch as this team.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 10:32:09 PM by Lee Newell »

Timbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 08:42:56 AM »
Been to all 3 home games and I thought we were very good in all. Only slight criticism would be that we create so many chances but don’t take them however really solid and dare I say it but if the team stays fit we could be looking at a serious title challenge.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 10:01:38 AM »
What a performance. Warrington not a bad side too. Finding it hard not to get carried away with this start to the season today and the South Shields match really top performances. If you know any casual fans that only want to watch a team that's winning and playing attractive passing football then tell them to get down to the JCS. Really impressed with the team that Cully (and Bazza and Joe) have put together. In my 23 years as a Boston fan this is probably the most entertaining footballing team we've had with good passing football and front players that press the opposition well, seen promotions under Evans and Scott and Hurst but whilst they were good sides were direct and not as good to watch as this team.

See your 23 and raise it to 46. All you say still applies.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »
What a performance yesterday. One of the best performances I've seen from a Boston team in a long time.

Entertainment value was 100%.  Swift passing football seems to be the norm for this young side.  You can see they are enjoying their football.  Their manager was nothing but full of praise for Boston in his post match interview.  I worry if our style will suit some of the ploughed fields we will encounter in the winter months, but who cares?

I was one of the posters who questioned IC and PB on their recruitment, but at the moment I am pleased to be proved wrong.  Early days I know, but if we could add in last season's last five games we must be the form team in this league.

Just a footnote, The referee did everything he could to spoil the party.  Two of the bookings were not even fouls.  But enough about him, well done lads.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023, 11:10:14 AM »
Happy happy happy, and on we go to Stortford, hopefully brimming with grounded confidence and self-belief.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 02:20:20 PM »
Also, full marks to the Warrington keeper for his sporting behaviour after the game, having his photo taken with the fans behind the Boston goal and talking to them until all the other players had left the pitch. He also made some good saves.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 07:46:44 PM »
Tony Thompson, he was Alty's keeper against us in the Play Off final
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

birstallpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2023, 09:13:04 PM »
Well done the lads. The only disappointment was the missing 400 - I hope they enjoyed their ice creams at Skeggy or the Costas, because they missed a cracker. Mobile strikers, surging runs from midfield, solid defence (another outstanding performance from Zak). Workington also played their part in an entertaining game. Let's hope we can make it a treble at Stortford

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2023, 11:25:07 AM »
Workington?

Cadwell always takes a fair few off the attendance figures during the bank holiday