Author Topic: SOUTHPORT (a)  (Read 3048 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
SOUTHPORT (a)
« on: August 18, 2023, 06:28:21 PM »
For those venturing to Southport tomorrow don't forget to buy your tickets online tonight if you want to avoid the £2.50 hike they put on tickets sold on matchdays.

Could be a tad busier in Southport tomorrow too with the Annual Flower Show going on over the weekend.

And let's hope we don't give Southport any help tomorrow in bringing an end to their 11 consecutive defeats. Unlike the current naming right sponsors of the Haig Avenue ground. I see from my ticket we're playing them in The Big Help Stadium!!

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: SOUTHPORT (a)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 07:18:16 PM »
thanks for the warning, just got my 2 tickets, will be coming on the train.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 06:43:03 PM »
Well done lads, won 2 - 0 with goals from Ward 42 mins & Knowles 84th min pen to bring us up to 7th.
Now looking forward to hosting Warrington next Sat.
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 07:42:40 PM »
I know they are bottom of the league, but we sometimes slip up against these teams. But a very good result, keeps us in the mix
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 09:13:54 PM »
thanks for the warning, just got my 2 tickets, will be coming on the train.

Me too, I went by train.

Coming home, I was on the 5.32pm train from Meols Cop going to Manchester Victoria (and onto Stalybridge).

As I was leaving the train in Kearsley about a hour later,  I noticed there was a chap a little further up the carriage wearing a Boston United top (but not a replica playing shirt). Seemed to be with his wife/lady companion.

Might that have been your good self?

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2023, 09:38:08 PM »
Also got that same train, was going to get off at Bolton for connecting train, but noticed it was cancelled and so stayed on and went all the way to Man Vic and then over to Pic for train to gatley.

i was, and still am, at the moment wearing the shirt which is a replica shirt from several years ago - not sure when - but an away shirt that is largely white with grey sleaves and Drayton Motors as sponsor.

Where you the one wearing the the old 'Oldrids' shirt, which I also have, or the more recent pink strip.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 11:29:45 AM »
Also got that same train, was going to get off at Bolton for connecting train, but noticed it was cancelled and so stayed on and went all the way to Man Vic and then over to Pic for train to gatley.

i was, and still am, at the moment wearing the shirt which is a replica shirt from several years ago - not sure when - but an away shirt that is largely white with grey sleaves and Drayton Motors as sponsor.

Where you the one wearing the the old 'Oldrids' shirt, which I also have, or the more recent pink strip.

That probably was you then that I spotted from your description of your top. With the quick glimpse I had, I didn't actually recognise it as an old away shirt!! Talking of old shirts, I saw someone wearing the FinForest-sponsored home shirt from many seasons ago as I was leaving the ground.

I was actually wearing a black BUFC polo shirt and a BUFC baseball-type cap. At Meols Cop, though, I found it easier to put on my black jacket as I making a phone call whilst waiting for the train to arrive (a 'match report' to a friend back in Lincolnshire).

If it was you I saw on the train, and you noticed stopping in Kearsley (the last stop before Salford Crescent), I was sitting quite near the door and would have been infront of you. It was when I looked back into the carriage to see if anyone else was getting off that I saw the top. Whomever it was wearing the top, I'd have come across to say 'hello' had I spotted it sooner. I travel on that train either to Wigan or Manchester quite a bit - but don't often see any fellow Bostonians on it!! LOL!!

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2023, 09:31:13 PM »