Author Topic: Stamford  (Read 2757 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Stamford
« on: July 30, 2023, 09:02:37 AM »
Go on then I’ll be the first to post. Good build up play for our goal and it was very well taken. Didn’t think we offered much else. A few patches of passing football and a few chances missed. Stamford’s goal came from our inability to clear and they had other clear chances where they should have scored. Our defence looks shaky, no real flair in midfield, no attacking wingers and the forwards were fairly well marshalled by Stamford’s defence.
Not wishing to be a Debbie Downer before the season starts but I think we’re going to struggle to get near the play offs. We’re too light weight. I can see the usual 4 or 5 loan players coming in around Christmas.
Sorry, that’s my opinion

Prof

• View Profile
Re: Stamford
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 01:51:14 PM »
I just don't know what to think TBH - a bit underwhelming. The passing football is scintillating at times but the end product is all to often disappointing. Our goal was well worked and Mooney did well in the finish from a tight angle. I felt that after H-T, all attention became focused on not overdoing it and saving energies for Buxton - somewhat going through the motions to get minutes into the legs. I hope that's the correct analysis and it is to some extent justifiable in a friendly. Fearful for another mediocre season, if not. Wilson and McLintock both probably need to start...Gyasi seems better against a tiring defence later on.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 05:50:14 PM »
I don't know what to think either, but am willing to wait and see. There has been such a reset since last season that we can't expect instant success, but I have faith that Cully knows what he is doing. I like the way the team is trying to play the game, but all will come clear whether it will work over the coming weeks and months as we have competitive matches against different styles of play. It's certainly more enjoyable to watch than previously. UTP!

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 04:36:29 PM »
Agree Oaky. We just have to wait and see what transpires in the rich tapestry of BUFC supporting life....