Author Topic: v Coalville  (Read 2832 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
v Coalville
« on: July 18, 2023, 08:00:10 PM »
Any live reporting tonight?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Coalville
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 08:37:09 PM »
2-0 up at HT. Particularly good goal from Knowles. Best I can do...

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 08:38:08 PM »
Any live reporting tonight?

Just updates on Twitter.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 08:57:54 PM »
We look competent. Coalville are arguing amongst themselves.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 10:06:07 AM »
A win is a win!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 10:23:18 AM »
Yes, we were competent and more coherent as the game went on. Knowles and Mooney showed movement and Knowles took his goal excellently - although he'd be the first to admit that he should have scored from a 1 on 1 a few minutes earlier. I was impressed by Tom Leak's general performance and particularly by the threat he posed from set pieces. He scored with one header, had another saved very well and just headed over with a third. Coalville have very narrowly missed joining us in NLN in the past seasons, so it was probably a better indication of what we can expect than v Lincoln. I'm still not sure about the defence. I think we were playing this time with a back four, with Mills and Nicholson as full backs.

Anyway, full marks to Coalville. Everyone there was very welcoming - and good luck to them this season.

birstallpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 12:46:14 PM »
First pre-season for me. Thought we looked decent, though whether a passing game  will work against tougher league opposition remains to be seen. Talking to Coalville supporters, they have lost some of their better players from last season so may not  be the force of last season.
We need a right back as we may need to play a back four against some opponents. A proven goalscorer would be an asset but not easy to come by. Most of our 'top' striker signings from higher leagues in the past have not worked out. Hopefully some of our young strikers will improve as the season goes on. We may also need a replacement for Tom Platt in defensive midfield.
Will be interesting to see how we perform against Notts County on Sat.