Author Topic: Ellenders Bar  (Read 2423 times)

Freo71

• View Profile
Ellenders Bar
« on: July 16, 2023, 09:34:25 AM »
Not a very good day all round , the gulf between the two teams was huge , fair play to Lincoln . But once again bar service in Ellenders is shocking , there was one lady who actually was a bartender who was doing her best , while the others should be working no where near a bar . Fans from Lincoln in que asking if it’s always like this , unfortunately had to say yes . More bar staff on please or at least employ people who can actually work a busy bar , rant over , from an ex barman

wismo

• View Profile
Re: Ellenders Bar
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 11:47:40 AM »
Yes and for Gods sake can we have a lovely hand pumped pint of beer, kept properly and pulled properly! Most other ‘Social Clubs’ in this league have a decent pint, ours is dreadful. Ellenders is a fantastic setting but is more akin to a city trendy bar serving bubble and belch lager than a traditional social club. Need Batemans back or Timothy Taylors and staff that know what they’re doing! Taking 20 pills to fill a pint glass is hopeless! Get The Eagle in to run a real ale section!!!

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 12:52:50 PM »
Didn't go yesterday but during the season I've found the service to be good. Maybe with pre season staffing levels are low because of holidays etc. With regards to the real ale,total agreement. The current offerings are shocking. Oh for the days of Batemans and Spitfire ale at York Street.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 01:02:13 PM »
Desperately need that second bar up and running in the south stand that we've not had an update on for months.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 01:11:05 PM »
Desperately need that second bar up and running in the south stand that we've not had an update on for months.

No worries on that front, last update was work commencing October 2022 ;) ;) ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 04:10:10 PM »
Didn't go yesterday but during the season I've found the service to be good. Maybe with pre season staffing levels are low because of holidays etc. With regards to the real ale,total agreement. The current offerings are shocking. Oh for the days of Batemans and Spitfire ale at York Street.

When I've been to Ellenders for a meal I never have a pulled beer, I stick to bottled Peroni, if it's available.
Get some Doom Bar on tap, they sell it at the Endeavour,  excellent beer.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?