Author Topic: Lincoln City  (Read 3333 times)

Batistuta

• View Profile
Lincoln City
« on: July 15, 2023, 05:10:03 PM »
I'll say it first... What an absolutely monumental waste of time

steve m

• View Profile
Re: Lincoln City
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 05:32:30 PM »
Well we certainly seem a little short of effort, energy and interest.....I can always accept losing if we give it some effort!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 05:47:12 PM »
Did seem an excessively high amount of goals conceded. Still, my own team, Norwich United, have had to cancel their first 3 friendlies due to ALL playing management including the groundsman walking out together with the majority of players! Tough season ahead!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

View from the Park

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 05:55:11 PM »
We have to take into account the gulf in class, however really don't think many of our players are physically strong enough in any respect.It was obvious after only 3 minutes that 3 at the back would not be able to coup.
On this showing think we could be in for a long season again.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 05:55:32 PM »
I didn't go as I'm in Kings Lynn for the weekend.  I did follow on twitter, I wish I hadn't bothered, we seemed very poor to say the least.
It's pre season, we've all seen plenty of them, they're either very good or very poor.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 09:10:53 PM »
Anyone know why the Lincoln fans were jeering our right sided trialist in the second half… what’s the story there ?

Pilgrim in France

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 09:39:59 PM »
I have supported the United for over 65 years, have been a season ticket holder for many years and have followed them all over the country - and Wales. That is the worst performance I have ever seen from us. I had thought our problem could be we needed a target striker, but today even the defence was disgraceful. On the way back from the match I kept saying we can only get better, but on that showing I have serious doubts we can

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023, 10:14:42 PM »
Anyone know why the Lincoln fans were jeering our right sided trialist in the second half… what’s the story there ?

They thought he looked like Slim Shady

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 08:22:37 AM »
Did seem an excessively high amount of goals conceded. Still, my own team, Norwich United, have had to cancel their first 3 friendlies due to ALL playing management including the groundsman walking out together with the majority of players! Tough season ahead!

Yes but Steakbake is on his way back so all will be well. ;)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 06:12:30 PM »

Yes but Steakbake is on his way back so all will be well. ;)

Oh yes! The "Non League Don" and a Norwich United legend. Can certainly do the business at Steps 5 and 6. Still think it is going to be a tough season and will be battling relegation throughout.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 06:29:10 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"